View Poll Results: Vote one of three options for each proposal.
n) Mid air, in favor 9 34.62%
n) Mid air, opposed 14 53.85%
n) Mid air, neutral 3 11.54%
o) Flight time, in favor 20 76.92%
o) Flight time, opposed 5 19.23%
o) Flight time, neutral 1 3.85%
p) Prep time, in favor 11 42.31%
p) Prep time,opposed 7 26.92%
p) Prep time, neutral 8 30.77%
q) Test time, in favor 8 30.77%
q) Test time, opposed 8 30.77%
q) Test time, neutral 9 34.62%
r) Test time, in favor 6 23.08%
r) Test time, opposed 12 46.15%
r) Test time, neutral 7 26.92%
s) Final score, in favor 10 38.46%
s) Final score, opposed 9 34.62%
s) Final score, neutral 7 26.92%
t) Fly-off, in favor 4 15.38%
t) Fly-off, opposed 9 34.62%
t) Fly-off, neutral 13 50.00%
u) Task D, in favor 9 34.62%
u) Task D, opposed 12 46.15%
u) Task D, neutral 5 19.23%
v) Task E, in favor 8 30.77%
v) Task E, opposed 15 57.69%
v) Task E, neutral 3 11.54%
w) Task L, in favor 10 38.46%
w) Task L, opposed 9 34.62%
w) Task L, neutral 6 23.08%
x) Task L, in favor 14 53.85%
x) Task L, opposed 5 19.23%
x) Task L, neutral 6 23.08%
y) Task M, in favor 6 23.08%
y) Task M, opposed 14 53.85%
y) Task M, neutral 4 15.38%
z) Task M, in favor 12 46.15%
z) Task M, opposed 5 19.23%
z) Task M, neutral 10 38.46%
aa) Task N, in favor 7 26.92%
aa) Task N, opposed 15 57.69%
aa) Task N, neutral 4 15.38%
ab) Task O, in favor 11 42.31%
ab) Task O, opposed 6 23.08%
ab) Task O, neutral 9 34.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Mar 06, 2019, 09:34 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
I wonder if it makes sense to have two sets of rules for F3K.... One set for local contests and another for the Worlds. Since I'm never going to fly in the Worlds, I can't really say but the thought above just popped into my head.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2019, 09:42 AM
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
tom43004's Avatar
There's a mechanism for that in the rules Mike, using "Continental and World Championships" designators for some things... not for all.

I think the risk is that you want to compete at home as you would abroad. Nothing is more frustrating for a new competition pilot than learning how to do something at their club, then going to a regional even feeling good about their chances, only to learn that the "game" is different. Even if you stay local and don't compete on the world stage, you are competing against some who do, and they are tuning their skills every time they turn on the TX.
Apr 15, 2019, 08:04 PM
Terry Edmonds
Thread OP
Here are the final 2019 F3K CIAM Plenary votes indicating which proposals will become rules.

n) approved
o) approved
p) approved
q) approved
r) approved amended 30 changed to "45"seconds
s) approved
t) withdrawn
u) approved amended changed to "2 flights max 3" (not sure about amendment wording)
v) approved amended "working time may be 10 or 15 minutes"
w) withdrawn
x) approved
y) approved
z) withdrawn
aa) withdrawn
ab) withdrawn
Apr 18, 2019, 06:37 AM
turn, turn, turn.
I can't believe n was approved… re flight after a mid air.
Apr 18, 2019, 06:57 AM
Registered User
Yeah, me neither. That is can of smelly worms! When I CD a non-FAI sanctioned event, I will not follow that rule.
Apr 18, 2019, 11:29 AM
Registered User
Rollo340's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHLG
Yeah, me neither. That is can of smelly worms! When I CD a non-FAI sanctioned event, I will not follow that rule.
We have a unique friendship in the F3K circle, Mike...I truely believe in the honesty of our fellow pilots and hope that no one will take advantage of that rule...

Cheers,

Rollo
Apr 18, 2019, 12:16 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
Hard to believe we'll have a rule that we even have to think about like that.
Apr 18, 2019, 09:27 PM
Registered User
eitanro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
We have a unique friendship in the F3K circle, Mike...I truely believe in the honesty of our fellow pilots and hope that no one will take advantage of that rule...

Cheers,

Rollo
Unfortunately, It happened before in F3J, there is no reason why this won't happen in F3K especially that the models are cheaper.
Personally, I have in mind a few that will take advantage of this new rule.

Eitan
Apr 18, 2019, 09:58 PM
M Seid
M Seid's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitanro
Unfortunately, It happened before in F3J, there is no reason why this won't happen in F3K especially that the models are cheaper.
Personally, I have in mind a few that will take advantage of this new rule.

Eitan
Name them here.
Apr 18, 2019, 10:07 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
I don’t think it’s productive to be accusing people of something they haven’t yet done.
Apr 19, 2019, 06:14 AM
Registered User
eitanro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid
Name them here.
I rather not, but they are not Americans if that's your concern...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz
I donít think itís productive to be accusing people of something they havenít yet done.
They have done other things even though they have avoided getting panelized for that every time.
Apr 19, 2019, 08:35 AM
Registered User
Rollo340's Avatar
It’s always easy to complain about something before bad things even happened. I am only flying F3K since 2012, but I always had the feeling to be in a very sporty environment . The few little struggles, that I can remember, have been discussed and enclosed in a very respectful and friendly manner.
Please...give these new rules a chance for at least one season. If they are not working or need some diversification, we will know what to do. Please do not approach it with so much negativity, but let room for development...

Rollo
Apr 19, 2019, 08:44 AM
Registered User
eitanro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
Itís always easy to complain about something before bad things even happened. I am only flying F3K since 2012, but I always had the feeling to be in a very sporty environment . The few little struggles, that I can remember, have been discussed and enclosed in a very respectful and friendly manner.
Please...give these new rules a chance for at least one season. If they are not working or need some diversification, we will know what to do. Please do not approach it with so much negativity, but let room for development...

Rollo
You are right and this is true for 99.9% of the time, but you always have that 0.1% that ruins the sport for the rest of the 99.9%
Apr 19, 2019, 11:11 AM
Registered User
Rollo340's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitanro
You are right and this is true for 99.9% of the time, but you always have that 0.1% that ruins the sport for the rest of the 99.9%
Hey Eitan,

donít you think 99.9% should be able to handle a 0.1% minority in a fair and friendly manner although they might act against fair play?
Apr 19, 2019, 12:49 PM
Registered User
eitanro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
Hey Eitan,

donít you think 99.9% should be able to handle a 0.1% minority in a fair and friendly manner although they might act against fair play?
In a perfect world, yes, but they are really good at hiding what they do and cheating.
The only way is win them fair and square


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll 2019 FAI Rules Proposals tedmonds Multi Task F3X 3 Apr 15, 2019 08:25 PM
Poll 2019 FAI Rules Proposals tedmonds Multi Task F3X 0 Feb 20, 2019 11:27 AM
Poll 2019 FAI Rules Proposals tedmonds Multi Task F3X 0 Feb 20, 2019 10:56 AM
Discussion USA F5J Rules 2019 Rules Change Proposals jimsoars Electric Competition Soaring-F5J/ALES/e-Soaring 222 Feb 18, 2019 11:09 PM
Poll 2017 FAI Rules Proposals tedmonds Multi Task F3X 25 May 13, 2017 03:09 AM