Apr 12, 2019, 08:17 AM
I had the same problem with iNav. I couldn't get in the OSD menu because I had no rudder channel. Let us know how the Sparrow works for you.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2019, 03:44 PM
Mine finally arrived. I put it in a mini AR wing (RMRC Mini Recruit). I get solid red GPS light with the GPS in this position so I am happy. Hope this FC works well.

I noticed it won't arm in stabilized mode unless it has enough satellites. Is RTH 100 or -100?

I get very little servo movement on the ground when in stabilized mode. I would say no more than 25% of what I get in manual mode. I assume that's normal? Some of my other FC's are like this, but makes it hard to set throws. I'll set it for manual mode and hope I don't have to switch to higher rates by surprise.

Feel free to make fun of my immortal-T antenna placement
Apr 13, 2019, 07:57 AM
Flying for FUN! :D
I noticed it won't arm in stabilized mode unless it has enough satellites. Is RTH 100 or -100?
There is no need for any satellite in STAB mode, it keeps horizontal position not the level. For RTH it needs to be sat all the way clockwise.

I get very little servo movement on the ground when in stabilized mode. I would say no more than 25% of what I get in manual mode. I assume that's normal? Some of my other FC's are like this, but makes it hard to set throws. I'll set it for manual mode and hope I don't have to switch to higher rates by surprise.
The envelope in STAB mode is different compare to manual mode, Bank angles are limited. I found it O.K. The purpose of STAB mode is to keep the horizontal position, so limited angles in this case are acceptable, at least for me.
Last edited by robertbulko; Apr 13, 2019 at 08:21 AM.
Apr 13, 2019, 08:43 AM
I wonder if I have autolevel and rth switched.

Do you know the values of your switch for stability and rth?
Apr 13, 2019, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
I wonder if I have autolevel and rth switched.

Do you know the values of your switch for stability and rth?
I do not know exact values but on 3 position switch 100% is RTH, 50% manual mode, and 0% STAB mode.
Last edited by robertbulko; Apr 13, 2019 at 12:53 PM.
Apr 13, 2019, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbulko
I do no know exact values but on 3 position switch 100% is RTH, 50% manual mode, and 0% STAB mode.
yes he's right but like i said if you like me follow the video on setting the curve to get Manual, STAB, RTH
Apr 13, 2019, 12:18 PM
I just noticed the manual tells what the light should do in each mode. Mine is a wing so it set to the triangle LED. When the LED is off, it is in Manual mode. When it is solid on, it's in stabilized mode. Flashing, it's in RTH mode (R-dial turned all the way clockwise)

I still can't get it to arm in any mode except Manual. I must have missed something but it will arm if it has satellite lock.

On Taranis OpenTX
Manual = 0
RTH = -80 (-100)
Stability = 80 (-100)
Last edited by stevea3342; Apr 13, 2019 at 12:48 PM.
Apr 13, 2019, 01:03 PM
Quote:
I just noticed the manual tells what the light should do in each mode. Mine is a wing so it set to the triangle LED. When the LED is off, it is in Manual mode. When it is solid on, it's in stabilized mode. Flashing, it's in RTH mode (R-dial turned all the way clockwise)

I still can't get it to arm in any mode except Manual. I must have missed something but it will arm if it has satellite lock.

On Taranis OpenTX
Manual = 0
RTH = -80 (-100)
Stability = 80 (-100)
I just realized, I cannot help here cos I'm Spektrum guy and I have no idea how FrSky works
Apr 13, 2019, 01:20 PM
Thanks for trying. I'm not sure it is normal or not for it not to arm in Stability mode without satellite lock. With your model type LED solid on (=stability mode): T, V or △ led, and G (GPS led) blinking, can you arm/start motor?
Apr 13, 2019, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Thanks for trying. I'm not sure it is normal or not for it not to arm in Stability mode without satellite lock. With your model type LED solid on (=stability mode): T, V or △ led, and G (GPS led) blinking, can you arm/start motor?
Well, I tried it. On the ground the throttle works only in manual mode when there is no GPS signal, and there is auto level mode active with no throttle in the other two modes. I believe, you get GPS signal outside and then everything will work. I always wait for GPS's red LED before I fly. It takes only few seconds (20 sec.) to get solid red.
Apr 13, 2019, 02:45 PM
Thanks, we are seeing the same thing I believe. It makes sense, I've never seen any GPS flight controller let you arm until you have satellite lock. I guess the Sparrow will let you do Manual with no lock, but nothing else.
Apr 13, 2019, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Thanks, we are seeing the same thing I believe. It makes sense, I've never seen any GPS flight controller let you arm until you have satellite lock. I guess the Sparrow will let you do Manual with no lock, but nothing else.
It is probably like you wrote. I did not have a problem with a GPS signal so far, therefor I believe it is OK if Sparrow works completely only when it has GPS signal. Also, it is important to know RTH works in min. altitude 35m. In my experience it is 45m + For small planes the RTH mode could be strange cos the plane will fly to 100m. In this altitude it might be barely visible but better high than lost
Apr 14, 2019, 05:12 AM
Steve as robertbulko said try it outside for some reason i can always get a GPS lock in my house so everything is always working for me if you want to test to see if RtH works put it in RTH on the ground and the servo should start twitching back and forth
Apr 14, 2019, 05:17 AM
[QUOTE=stevea3342;41631313]I just noticed the manual tells what the light should do in each mode. Mine is a wing so it set to the triangle LED. When the LED is off, it is in Manual mode. When it is solid on, it's in stabilized mode. Flashing, it's in RTH mode (R-dial turned all the way clockwise)

mine is on the T and the leds are the same
Apr 15, 2019, 05:53 AM
Let me ask you a question. In RTH or FENCE mode when there is no GPS or week GPS signal, according to the manual the FC should be in Altitude hold mode. In my opinion it is probably bad translation or misunderstanding. In RTH and FENCE mode the throttle is managed by FC. If GPS signal is low or not present RTH and FENCE are not working and FC does not control the throttle. How come the FC can manage altitude hold with using no throttle. Did I get it wrong?

Quick Reply