Andrew
This is from Banggood, but they are on E-Bay too

https://uk.banggood.com/KINGKONG-ESC...r_warehouse=CN
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2019, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdan
Hi
Is the Neuron 40A compatible with car mode (Reverse, Neutral 1.5ms, Forward) ? By PC config ?
Telemetry = good
Is there a data logger inside ?
Louis
Louis,

Yes, It looks as though they have, with adjustable center point. I will test it out this evening.

Not sure what you mean by Data Logger, but there is much telemetry reported on the Taranis radios.

Hope that helps...

BC

I have tested it and yes it will work for a car, and you can adjust the "Centre" if you need to.
Last edited by Barry_Cole; Apr 01, 2019 at 10:17 AM. Reason: More added
Apr 02, 2019, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Cole
Louis,

Yes, It looks as though they have, with adjustable center point. I will test it out this evening.

Not sure what you mean by Data Logger, but there is much telemetry reported on the Taranis radios.

Hope that helps...

BC

I have tested it and yes it will work for a car, and you can adjust the "Centre" if you need to.
Hi BC
Data logger (on board) is interesting to get an EXCEL table after the car race, to make a post processing (time, cppm, voltage, current, rpm-speed)

For RC cars, a lot of pistol radios have no telemetry.
It could be interesting to have a "Taranis for RC cars, pistol style"
Louis
Apr 03, 2019, 02:49 PM

A word of warning.

On the unit that I have, the +ve and -ve, wire of the S-PORT have 5 volts across them.......

If you are using the BEC, then this may not be a problem, but I am feeding the Rx with 6.6 volts from a battery.

This then shorts the 5volt supply from the Neuron, across the 6.6 volts from the battery.

I have reported this to FrSky, but at present I would recommend removing the +ve wire from the S-Port connection, or like me, you may get magic smoke.

BC
Apr 15, 2019, 04:03 PM
Any more news on how these are performing? I am in the market for a new ESC, I am building an old classic pattern model on 6s that will pull about 80 amp flat out, I was looking at the Hobywing Platinum range but these Neurons are a similar specification but lighter.
I just wondered if anyone has any more information on how the Neurons perform?

Greg.B
Apr 15, 2019, 07:52 PM
Frsky has a bad habit of letting their customers do the beta testing,best not to jump in until it proves itself( or not).
Apr 15, 2019, 08:50 PM
Thanks, Ive been holding on for the last couple of weeks in the hope of more feedback but this thread seems to have slowed down a bit. I think I will wait a bit longer as I am in no rush, it was just the low weight was tempting me.
Apr 18, 2019, 02:43 AM
Anyone know how to change the bec voltage yet? Product description states it can be done via lua script but I can't find any more info on it.
Apr 18, 2019, 02:56 AM
Master of the figure 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime
Anyone know how to change the bec voltage yet? Product description states it can be done via lua script but I can't find any more info on it.
You can get the OpenTx lua script here - https://github.com/opentx/opentx/tre...rSky-utilities

Not sure about the FrOS lua as I don't use it.

You can also use the Airlink and the Freelink ios/Android app. I just got my Airlink today so I'm gonna play with it a bit later.

Quick Reply