Thread Tools
Mar 27, 2019, 11:24 AM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
OK, so it has arrived.. Connected it up, and it works OK. The brake is ON, which is OK for my application.

I have not tried to adjust things with the BLHeli suit as yet, maybe this evening.

The telemetry shows up, as on the attachment, which is not quite as the manual says.

The BEC voltage and current are not showing, and we have OE50??

The RPM is showing as 55,200 and should be about 8000, so I will have to see how to adjust that.

I have e-mailed FrSky, and am waiting for a reply.

Back soon.

BCD
Last edited by Barry_Cole; Mar 27, 2019 at 11:30 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2019, 12:20 PM
Registered User
Fourdan's Avatar
Hi
The 55200 rpm is probably "electric"
If you divide by 7 (magnetic poles pairs, so 14 magnets) you find 7886 rpm
May be there is a field for entering the nb of pairs ?
Louis
Aways interested to know if there is a "car mode" (Forward & Reverse) + telemetry
and also if there is a datalogger inside.
Mar 27, 2019, 02:10 PM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdan
Hi
The 55200 rpm is probably "electric"
If you divide by 7 (magnetic poles pairs, so 14 magnets) you find 7886 rpm
May be there is a field for entering the nb of pairs ?
Louis
Aways interested to know if there is a "car mode" (Forward & Reverse) + telemetry
and also if there is a datalogger inside.
Anthony,

I understand the motor that i have has 14 poles, so maybe divide by 7 is good. I will try later.
Looking at the BLHeli suite it shows a forward reverse option, so I guess that cars/boats are an option.

Anthony?? English or French??

BC
Mar 27, 2019, 02:31 PM
Registered User
Fourdan's Avatar
Hi Barry
Louis is my name
I am french (born in Britanny)
I am living in Antony (south of Paris) France
Louis
Mar 27, 2019, 03:14 PM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdan
Hi Barry
Louis is my name
I am french (born in Britanny)
I am living in Antony (south of Paris) France
Louis
Louis,

I am sorry, my mistake.

BC
Mar 27, 2019, 03:16 PM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Well this evening I tried to get the BLHeli suite to connect to the Neuron without success.

I have sent all the information to FrSky, and hope to get a reply tomorrow.

BC

Attached is what I see on the BLHeli screens.
Mar 27, 2019, 05:07 PM
Master of the figure 9
punkindrublik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Cole
Well this evening I tried to get the BLHeli suite to connect to the Neuron without success.

I have sent all the information to FrSky, and hope to get a reply tomorrow.

BC

Attached is what I see on the BLHeli screens.
I was able to connect and configure mine very easily with a cheap flight controller. Of course I have experience with quads, so that might be cheating a bit.

Did you choose the right interface in BLHeli Suite? You can't just plug and play, the default is a flight control (betaflight/cleanflight). You need to choose USB/Com or 4way-if (not sure which) in the "select BLHeli interface" dropdown menu.

If you did, there's an EXCELLENT chance that HobbyKing pointed you to the wrong adapter. They are known for making USB programmers that only work for a couple of ESCs. The guy in this video explains how to make one with a simple FTDI, a resister and a cap. I don't know if you want to go to all that trouble, but if you're a tinkerer, might be for you...

FrESC32_80A: A multicopter ESC... for fixed wing? (29 min 32 sec)
Mar 28, 2019, 03:17 PM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik
I was able to connect and configure mine very easily with a cheap flight controller. Of course I have experience with quads, so that might be cheating a bit.]
I have tried everything that I can think off, and nothing works. I have sent all info to FrSky, and hope for a reply in the morning. If I do not get anywhere, I will get a cheep FC and try it that way.

This looks as though it will do the job..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F4-V3-Fli...oAAOSwAnlblABS

Off flying tomorrow, to calm my nerves.

BC
Mar 28, 2019, 03:46 PM
Master of the figure 9
punkindrublik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Cole
I have tried everything that I can think off, and nothing works. I have sent all info to FrSky, and hope for a reply in the morning. If I do not get anywhere, I will get a cheep FC and try it that way.

This looks as though it will do the job..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F4-V3-Fli...oAAOSwAnlblABS

Off flying tomorrow, to calm my nerves.

BC
In that case, I have a feeling it's your programmer

Any cheap F3 or better that can run BF will do it. That F4 should work fine. You could probably even find a cheaper option if ya wanted to.
Mar 28, 2019, 03:50 PM
Master of the figure 9
punkindrublik's Avatar
With a brief search of ebay.uk, found this one that will do the trick for a little more than half the price -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SP-Racing...2/173772363816
Mar 29, 2019, 03:49 AM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik
With a brief search of ebay.uk, found this one that will do the trick for a little more than half the price -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SP-Racing...2/173772363816
Thanks for that. I might go for mine, as the delivery time is shorter.

I am still waiting a reply from FrSky. It seems a shame that they cannot supply a USB linker that works.

BC
Apr 01, 2019, 05:00 AM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
It Works!!!!!!!

Seems that I was using the wrong BLHeli. (Who knew that there was more than one type??)

You MUST use BLHeli_32, then the linker works fine.



BC
Apr 01, 2019, 06:00 AM
Master of the figure 9
punkindrublik's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Cole
It Works!!!!!!!

Seems that I was using the wrong BLHeli. (Who knew that there was more than one type??)

You MUST use BLHeli_32, then the linker works fine.



BC
Oh man, I should have mentioned that. That comes up a lot around here. Sorry

Glad ya figured out.
Apr 01, 2019, 06:32 AM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
In fairness to FrSky, it does say BLHeli_32 in their manual, so my fault for not paying attention.



BC
Apr 01, 2019, 06:35 AM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
Do these have a governor for heliís?
As far as I can see, they do not. At least nothing about governors comes up on the BLHeli_32 screen.

BC


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product FrSky New Arrival - Neuron 40 / 60 / 80 ESC AndreaHuang FrSky 297 Jun 22, 2019 07:28 PM
New Product Frsky Neuron 40A 32Bit 3-6S Input Brushless ESC Built-in Telemetry for FPV RC Airplan scousethief Banggood.com 1 Mar 16, 2019 10:45 PM
New Product 40 and 60 Amp brushed ESC's - New! Kmot Dock Talk 16 May 09, 2018 04:14 PM
Discussion Who made this 40 size training profile from the 90's maybe 80's none balsa jcervantes11 Fuel Plane Talk 1 Oct 30, 2017 03:52 AM
Question Dynamic 40/60/80 acclivity Dynamic Soaring 3 Apr 20, 2016 08:01 PM