FrSky Neuron 40 / 60 / 80 ESC's

FrSky has some new ESC's set to be available this month. They will come in 40A, 60A and 80A versions and include some neat features like built-in telemetry that allows you to monitor the current, voltage, RPM, power consumption and ESC temperature.

Splash

New ESC's from FrSky

FrSky has some new ESC's set to be available this month. They will come in 40A, 60A and 80A versions and include some neat features like built-in telemetry that allows you to monitor the current, voltage, RPM, power consumption and ESC temperature. They also feature optional DShot signaling and an adjustable SBEC voltage that can be changed via a LUA script on your FrSky radio. The Neuron ESC's are encased in a CNC aluminum protective shell which aids in heat dissipation. As with most FrSky products, the Neuron series is completely S.Port compatible, allowing you to use their full line of S.Port Telemetry sensors.

Specification:

  • Dimension: 59*33*17mm (LWH)
  • Weight: 58g
  • LiPo Cells: 3~6S
  • Adjustable SBEC Voltage: 5~8.4V (Voltage Step: 0.1V)
  • Cont. Current: 40A/60A/80A
  • Peak Current: 60A/100A/120A

Features:

  • Smart Port enabled and telemetry data transmission supported
  • Telemetry data for ESC: Voltage, Current, RPM, Power Consumption, Temperature.
  • Telemetry data for SBEC: Output Voltage, Current.
  • High performance 32-bit micro-processor
  • High-precision current sensor ACS781KLRTR-150U-T (Resolution 125mA, Precision 2%) and ACS711KEXLT (Resolution 50mA, Precision 2%)
  • Over-temperature and over-current protection
  • SBEC supports [email protected]~8.4V (adjusted through LUA or through FreeLink App with Airlink S)

Check out the new FrSky Neuron ESC's Here

Thread Tools
Feb 21, 2019, 03:21 PM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
It seems that to make setting adjustments to these, you use the BLHeli program that you can download. (Been there, done that.) However you then need a BLHeli USB linker to connect the ESC to your PC. I Googled this, and got hits at Hobby King. (Item discontinued), and Bangood (Item out of stock)

Does anyone know where I can get one of these??

BC
Feb 21, 2019, 03:50 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Piece's Avatar
All three are the same size and weight, and there's only a $10 difference between the 40A and 80A ($50 vs $60).

Why would anyone buy the 40A unit if it weighs as much as an 80A ESC?
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Feb 21, 2019, 04:52 PM
Registered User
P.I.Engineer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Cole
It seems that to make setting adjustments to these, you use the BLHeli program that you can download. (Been there, done that.) However you then need a BLHeli USB linker to connect the ESC to your PC. I Googled this, and got hits at Hobby King. (Item discontinued), and Bangood (Item out of stock)

Does anyone know where I can get one of these??

BC
just make one with an arduino, it's built into blhelisuite

typically you hook up D3 to signal and ground to ground.
Feb 22, 2019, 04:49 AM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.Engineer
just make one with an arduino, it's built into blhelisuite

typically you hook up D3 to signal and ground to ground.
HK found me an alternative. Just ordered two as they were only 0.01 each....

Now we just have to wait for the Neurons to hit the shelves.

BC
Feb 22, 2019, 11:51 AM
Registered User
Do these have a governor for helis?
Feb 22, 2019, 02:07 PM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
Do these have a governor for heli’s?
It looks as though they will have.



BC

No sorry, it does not look like they have.
Last edited by Barry_Cole; Apr 01, 2019 at 06:42 AM.
Mar 11, 2019, 11:43 PM
Registered User
landru's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Cole
HK found me an alternative. Just ordered two as they were only 0.01 each....

Now we just have to wait for the Neurons to hit the shelves.

BC
Hi Barry,

Can you post a link?

Best,
Andrew
Mar 14, 2019, 03:10 PM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by landru
Hi Barry,

Can you post a link?

Best,
Andrew
Here:- https://www.frsky-rc.com/?s=neuron
Mar 14, 2019, 03:17 PM
Registered User
landru's Avatar
Thanks, Barry.

I should have been clearer that I was inquiring about the alternative programming device from HK.
Mar 20, 2019, 02:30 PM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by landru
Thanks, Barry.

I should have been clearer that I was inquiring about the alternative programming device from HK.
Sorry, this is it, but now no stock.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/esc-pc-s...n-adapter.html

I have sent you a PM..
Mar 23, 2019, 04:49 AM
Registered User
Fourdan's Avatar
Hi
Is the Neuron 40A compatible with car mode (Reverse, Neutral 1.5ms, Forward) ? By PC config ?
Telemetry = good
Is there a data logger inside ?
Louis
Mar 25, 2019, 06:24 PM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Well I get my 80 amp one tomorrow, so I will have a play with it and let you know....

BC
Mar 26, 2019, 05:18 PM
Old Buzzard
GrannyGear's Avatar

USB Linker for FrSky ESC at Flite Test


Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Cole
Sorry, this is it, but now no stock.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/esc-pc-s...n-adapter.html

I have sent you a PM..

Flite Test carries a V2 linker for $9.99...

https://store.flitetest.com/dys-usb-...RoCnCQQAvD_BwE

I'm going to order one in the hope that it will work with my FrSky 80A ESC.
Mar 27, 2019, 03:59 AM
Registered User
Barry_Cole's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Cole
Well I get my 80 amp one tomorrow, so I will have a play with it and let you know....

BC
The mail failed, for yesterday, maybe today...



BC


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product FrSky New Arrival - Neuron 40 / 60 / 80 ESC AndreaHuang FrSky 288 Jun 15, 2019 05:00 PM
New Product Frsky Neuron 40A 32Bit 3-6S Input Brushless ESC Built-in Telemetry for FPV RC Airplan scousethief Banggood.com 1 Mar 16, 2019 10:45 PM
New Product 40 and 60 Amp brushed ESC's - New! Kmot Dock Talk 16 May 09, 2018 04:14 PM
Discussion Who made this 40 size training profile from the 90's maybe 80's none balsa jcervantes11 Fuel Plane Talk 1 Oct 30, 2017 03:52 AM
Question Dynamic 40/60/80 acclivity Dynamic Soaring 3 Apr 20, 2016 08:01 PM