Sep 18, 2019, 04:18 AM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
Not really, I keep going back, looking at that 3" Primo, but I still have another 080x frame I want to put a set of HM 802/16kv motors in. They're even better than my Mobula on the 65 & 85, and want to see how they do on a Pick. They fly great and get awesome flight times on all the Whoops, so expectations are even better than the Primo with the 1102s.

The first thing I thought of when I found the Kababpick was your bamboo brushless, and was thinking he came up with a c/f version so more people can get your awesome flight times, power and agility in a small ultra light weight that can be flown just about anywhere . . . without having any woodworking skills . . .

I think I just got lucky with the combination on the 85/1103 with the light weight and those props. The Blurs are great, a ton of punch, and plenty of top end. It seems to like going fast, and the motors are barely warm at the end of the flight.

I thought I saw a commercial the other day for a Harley e-bike, but don't think that one is foldable . . . Hope your weather stays good enough for you to get some riding in.

If you're going to do it, do it right . . . get a Hubsan 501S and you'll get a rock solid 20 minutes of boring flight even with stock batteries !! It does take really great video though, but it's more fun going to the dentist . . . and I don't mean the Kababpick dentist . . .

I haven't weighed the 85/1103, but it doesn't feel much heavier than my 85/802. I did switch out the vTx dipole for a Foxeer Lollipop this weekend, and didn't notice any difference in handling or flight times, but never weighed it, even before that. Can't weigh too much with the way it flies and the flight times though. I just know I like it a lot, and it's a lot of fun for me to fly it, and that's all that really matters to me.

I have a friend, awesome car guy, really knowledgeable, that got a ?? Tello ?? that runs off a smart phone app. He takes it to car shows, floats around taking pics and videos, and thinks it's great, and totally content with it. Not for me, or what I like, but he enjoys his airtime every bit as much, and it's neat to see his vids from the shows.

There's so many different kinds of quads for just about any way you want to fly, or what you want to do or accomplish. As long as you like it, and you're enjoying yourself, good for you !!

But . . . I still think "CineWhoop" is an oxy-moron . . .
I agree that if you like what you have that is all that is important.. if it's a cinewhoop then perhaps you are the type of person that believes in "Government intelligence" or "Postal worker"
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 05:25 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
AROUND THE CIRCLE - Cinewhoop meets Martial Arts (1 min 19 sec)
Sep 18, 2019, 03:46 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
New and Improved !!

30% MORE FREE !!

I want two of them . . . ₿ↄ}
Sep 18, 2019, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH

I want two of them . . . ₿ↄ}
Ok.
So Is that one or 3 that you want after the the invisible magic sarcasm filter is applied?
Last edited by xanuser; Sep 18, 2019 at 06:35 PM.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:15 PM
Enjoying every minute of it...
Well, the TP3 is here, along with those 1303 motors:

Toothpick 3 Intro - TP3 (13 min 19 sec)

Amaxinno 1303 4800kv (7 min 4 sec)
Sep 18, 2019, 11:59 PM
love that those builds are still very quiet, but still with max performance. even if weight is going up a bit.

that motor is sick looking! fascinating about the magnet strengths. too bad kabob doesnt know about using tool-less quick change nylon prop screws. but hey he's just a dentist.
Last edited by xanuser; Sep 19, 2019 at 12:13 AM.
Sep 19, 2019, 08:00 AM
Enjoying every minute of it...
Aaaaaand just a few hours later, everything but the 1204s are sold out...

next batch, hopefully...

sounds like he likes the 1303 motors, wish they/he would do a 1403 too!!!

adding:

another option for the 1303s and some new props:

PRE-ORDER - Motor 1303-4800KV (1-3S) 2.0mm Shaft Toothpick AMAXinno
https://www.amaxshop.com/index.php?r...roduct_id=1895

Gemfan 3018 Hurricane 2mm props
https://www.amaxshop.com/index.php?r...=1894&limit=20

props look interesting
Last edited by grnd flyr; Sep 19, 2019 at 08:34 AM. Reason: edit to add...
Sep 19, 2019, 11:06 AM
2mm shaft on those motors means literally no prop options other than the props hes pushing. Im kinda meh on em for that reason. I havent even seen 1.5mm shafts been an issue on good quality motors.
Sep 19, 2019, 11:56 AM
1.95mm drill bit.

I would use nylon screws as well. (tho im not really planning to swap motors any time soon.)
Sep 19, 2019, 02:44 PM
There will be many 2mm props coming just like all the 65mm props that came out..unless something changes..
Sep 19, 2019, 02:49 PM
I saw the opening of Bob's store, but didn't hop right on it. I'm not upset it sold out. I was too quick when he was selling motors with incorrectly labled KV, and had to take a big pause in my build as that was sorted out. The mislabeling was not his fault, but I decided then that I didn't need to be one of the first to use something, essentially being a beta-tester. I'll wait a few weeks to make sure this all works together nicely, then order the parts to build a TP3.

I'm curious about the frame for the TP3. Bob's announcement video said there would be other videos for each individual component, so I'm sure he'll talk more about the frame. I don't understand those bolts holding the arms on. I would think they would add weight that would have been better used on making the frame thicker. And why only 1 bolt per arm - would 2 bolts per arm lock it on tighter?

Or is it designed so the arms will easily wiggle and the bending of the arms will absorb the force of a crash? That might be a nice safety feature, but lining up every arm so it is straight before each flights seems like unnecessary work that a stronger frame would fix.
Sep 19, 2019, 02:52 PM
It looks like each arm is secured with a single screw. What keeps the arms from spinning around the screw and folding up?
Sep 19, 2019, 04:02 PM
I'm also not worried about it selling out, although I'd like a couple extra FCs and those all got bought up by people building TP3s.

I don't know enough about the 3" platform yet. Is it really better than a 2.5" on 2s? I like 2s, just bought that field charger from TuneRC. I've already got the batteries I need, too. Even if it's still good on 2s, somewhere on his site he recommends a higher mah battery than I use (300)

I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the "original" toothpick - 2.5" biblades, 1103 motors, and whatever this 3" thing is.

Personally, I like the idea of buying in 100% to a platform, which I've done with the 2.5" toothpick. It'd take a lot for me to want to change. My skill isn't really there yet anyway.
Sep 19, 2019, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by passerbyeus
There will be many 2mm props coming just like all the 65mm props that came out..unless something changes..
Seems like 2mm is unique to his motors only. To assume prop manufacturers would make non standard size to accommodate his specialized motors im not super convinced. Guess well see though and drilling is always an option if possible.
Sep 19, 2019, 04:11 PM
You can see in the video how easy those arms flex (10:00min mark approx). The center connection plate he said is also only 1.5mm thick too. I dont think it will be very durable at all but at least hell up sell tons of extra arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveopie
I saw the opening of Bob's store, but didn't hop right on it. I'm not upset it sold out. I was too quick when he was selling motors with incorrectly labled KV, and had to take a big pause in my build as that was sorted out. The mislabeling was not his fault, but I decided then that I didn't need to be one of the first to use something, essentially being a beta-tester. I'll wait a few weeks to make sure this all works together nicely, then order the parts to build a TP3.

I'm curious about the frame for the TP3. Bob's announcement video said there would be other videos for each individual component, so I'm sure he'll talk more about the frame. I don't understand those bolts holding the arms on. I would think they would add weight that would have been better used on making the frame thicker. And why only 1 bolt per arm - would 2 bolts per arm lock it on tighter?

Or is it designed so the arms will easily wiggle and the bending of the arms will absorb the force of a crash? That might be a nice safety feature, but lining up every arm so it is straight before each flights seems like unnecessary work that a stronger frame would fix.

Quick Reply