Aug 12, 2019, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupinix
...it uses PH2 connectors, which before most of those reveiews said were crap and cause bad voltage drops.
AndyRC touched on the PH2 connectors briefly in his review. Apparently the PH2 connectors on this model are solid core which apparently helps to improve the connection and reduce the voltage drop. I see what they were going for with the flexibility of the twin PH2 connectors, but pretty sure I'd be upgrading to XT30 anyway if I was to get this.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2019, 06:28 PM
sircrashalot
I have been flying the Dave C Microblivion for a month now using the Betaflight community presets on defaults and its really good. I really like that frame only drawback is that I have broke two. Both breaks came from crashes that a carbon frame may have came away from unscathed. The Microblivion flies so good I don't mind swapping frames every now and then. I have gotten the swap down to about 15 min. so no biggie.
Aug 14, 2019, 05:47 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Here is my last pack from last Sat on the iFlight Turbo Bee 120RS (4S version) flying on 3S with Avan Rush 2.5 props. Good fun.

2019 #100 iFlight Turbo Bee 120RS 4S Version on 3S/Avan Rush 2019 0814 (Slip Knot - Snuff) (4 min 41 sec)
Last edited by kydawg1; Aug 14, 2019 at 03:53 PM.
Aug 16, 2019, 11:49 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
On Xinte's original site, they have the new Crazybee F4 PRO V3.0 10A 2-4S boards in stock for $35/$36 + shipping, I used EPacket and that was <$5 and gets here in about 2 weeks, but there's other shipping options for less. I tried a Flysky this time, had some problems with a couple Crazybee Frsky boards right from the start, and was hoping my luck would change. Not sure if I'm going to use it on another Whoop, or maybe get a 3" Primo, or even try it on a more traditional 3". The price was better than the F4 v2.xs, and even if I don't bother with a 4S, the price was too good to pass on . . .

They're showing the Larva X as in stock now too . . ., but the better deal on that is on their QWinOut site . . . add to cart on both . . .

Added: Forgot about the 15% discount on the QWinout for the v3 . . .

Added:
Wow, they're quick. Even with the weekend, I got an email Sat. AM, shipped and a tracking # . . .
Last edited by Brian_OH; Aug 17, 2019 at 11:29 AM.
Aug 17, 2019, 06:23 PM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by docktercolin
I have been flying the Dave C Microblivion for a month now using the Betaflight community presets on defaults and its really good. I really like that frame only drawback is that I have broke two. Both breaks came from crashes that a carbon frame may have came away from unscathed. The Microblivion flies so good I don't mind swapping frames every now and then. I have gotten the swap down to about 15 min. so no biggie.
Close to the same build I am planning using V2 of this frame. Printed mine using PETG......what did you use?
Aug 18, 2019, 01:41 PM
sircrashalot
I used PETG. I have a V2 build going on right now using the new Diatone 16x16 stack and some hypetrain dab 1104's. I'm hoping I can keep it under 60 grams. Kinda getting away from a true toothpick build but still a good 20-30 grams less than my older 2.5-3in builds.
Aug 18, 2019, 02:18 PM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by docktercolin
I used PETG. I have a V2 build going on right now using the new Diatone 16x16 stack and some hypetrain dab 1104's. I'm hoping I can keep it under 60 grams. Kinda getting away from a true toothpick build but still a good 20-30 grams less than my older 2.5-3in builds.
Those 1104s should be fun on a 60g setup

Quick question about the Betafpv AIO 12a F4 board....is T1 Smart Audio connection?
Aug 19, 2019, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsinger1

Quick question about the Betafpv AIO 12a F4 board....is T1 Smart Audio connection?
It should be it is on the GEPC boards and there just about identical.

Here is a good pic showing the pin layouts. https://www.getfpv.com/betafpv-f4-2-...ontroller.html
Aug 19, 2019, 09:40 AM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer
It should be it is on the GEPC boards and there just about identical.

Here is a good pic showing the pin layouts. https://www.getfpv.com/betafpv-f4-2-...ontroller.html
Thanks!
Aug 21, 2019, 06:57 PM
sircrashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsinger1

The Dab's surprised me on a older 2.5" build that came in at 90g, they are super smooth and efficient. I initially wanted to try them on a Primo build but the two hole mounting pattern wouldn't match up. Just got a new XM in the mail today so I'll be able to finish the build soon. It's too bad DaveC didn't make the cut out for the receiver just a little bigger, I tried both a r-xsr and a crossfire nano and both were just a mm too big and the build is tight so I want to utilize that intended space.
Aug 23, 2019, 03:12 PM
I trust picked up a tinyhawk freestyle set up with my taranis test hovers on 1s all seemed ok nothing hot no magic smoke it was late so the fowling got everything ready sat in my chair went to arm nothing vtx was fine just no motors spinning out on bench motors spun when plugged into betaflight so I reflashed it with 4.05 was able to arm and spin motors up I thought great so grabbed my goggles and got back in my flight chair armed and when throttle got to about 2-4 % it just jumped up about 5in and disarmed spent the rest of that day dealing with vendor after I did some research a buddy of mine that does testing with betaflight was telling me the small aio have about a 50% fail rate on plugins or even after about a week's time he was saying if you get past the 1 week mark with a few crashes and no major problems than you should be good to go unless operator error happens lol but never the less if you buy from a reputable store with reasonable return polices like 1 month it does take time to build lol I have had pretty good luck my only problem was with bandgood go figure hope this helps
Aug 23, 2019, 03:16 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
I always run a dozen or so packs thru a new quad before updating any firmware, just to make sure there's no Gremlins hiding.
IMO for most of us theres usually no real reason to upgrade to the latest version.
Latest blog entry: MY notes/ Ascent 2"build notes
Aug 23, 2019, 04:51 PM
I don't know about that the new 4.0 or later has much better filters and the latancey is in my situation on my 5 in quads I cut almost 2.5 Ms off seems to handle the prop wash a bit better and that's not running the rpm filter that's just the new dynamic ones that come default I have the rpm on one quad now seems to do good on prop wash but the Hassel of setting it up can turn a few people away
Aug 23, 2019, 06:07 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
BF 4 feels too 'robotic' for my tastes.
Yeah i hear it can be turned like 3.5.7, but I figure if it ain't broke...
Latest blog entry: MY notes/ Ascent 2"build notes
Aug 25, 2019, 12:17 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Going to try build something "Toothpickish" with parts from the spare bin. I have a frame, some motors, board in transit, and have a nano camera. So looking for a light, no jello canopy, that accepts 14mm nano size cameras.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!

Quick Reply