This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 18, 2019, 09:43 PM
Thread OP
Video

Eflite Extra 300 3D 1.3m BNF Basic Shakedown (2nd) Flight

PLEASE READ FIRST - I was very hesitant to post this flight video as there were too many iPhone 8 camera focusing issues that I wasn't pleased with.. video taken with another pilot's "upgraded" iPhone camera (next time I'll ask to have it recorded on my iPhone 7.. mine doesn't have these issues). So if you're the "Video Quality Recording Police", please skip over this video altogether.

Eflite Extra 300 3D 1.3m BNF Basic Shakedown (2nd) Flight (3 min 58 sec)

Otherwise, this was a great second flight as I was putting my new Eflite Extra 300 3D through her paces, getting more of a feel for the flight characteristics, as well as wind tolerance, right before the intermittent snow storms that we're currently experiencing arrived this week. What a blast to fly, and even more fun to land!!

My Eflite Extra 300 1.3m is completely stock. Powered by a Pulse 4S 2250mAh 45C lipo, weighing in at 240 grams. CG was set rearmost to 100mm from the leading edge of the main wing at the fuselage. Flight Timer was set to 3 minutes as recommended by the manual. Flown with a Spektrum DX8 G2 Transmitter at 100% rates and 30% expo on all control surfaces.

I can safely say that I'm very impressed with the appearance, flight characteristics, wind handling, and power of this latest aerobatic / 3D offering by Eflite. I had been bugging Horizon Hobby for a few years now for something along the lines of a 1.1m Sbach Thunderbolt and this Extra 300 more than fulfills that desire. I'm very proud to have this as part of the fleet.

As always, thanks for watching!
Last edited by Blaze0021; Feb 18, 2019 at 11:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2019, 02:32 PM
I m finishing mine up. How did you route the antenna?
Apr 01, 2019, 10:40 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightflyer
I m finishing mine up. How did you route the antenna?
Mine is the BNF Basic version and the RX was already in place situated in the underside belly of the fuselage . All I had to do was straighten the dual antennas so that they were 90 degrees from each other (see attached photo) and secure them with tape. So long as theyíre 90 degrees from each other youíre maximizing the effectiveness of the reception.

Does this help?
Apr 01, 2019, 10:53 AM
Thanks for info, Blaze0021.
May 03, 2019, 08:53 AM

Nice!

I don't have one yet....

I have 2 questions...

Does it seem the wing removal for transportation will be a problem?

I guess the most economic way to get one is with the pre installed receiver.....or ?
May 08, 2019, 08:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoX1
I don't have one yet....

I have 2 questions...

Does it seem the wing removal for transportation will be a problem?

I guess the most economic way to get one is with the pre installed receiver.....or ?
1) Iíve never removed the wing on mine for transport, so I really canít speak to that. The connection joint is pretty snug so I donít think Iíd like to try and remove those constantly.

2) Well that depends.. It was more convenient for me to have the pre-installed Receiver with AS3X. I could have easily installed one of my new Lemon RX Diversity Stab/Rx in there as well but Iíd rather save those for models that only offer PNP and just pay the extra bucks to get the BNF with a Receiver specifically tuned for the model.
May 09, 2019, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the response.

Ok so based on your response for wing removal....this plane may not be a good fit for someone who has to disassemble the plane for transportation...... So in your opinion would regular wing removal ,weaken the joint,or hurt cosmetics or be tedious to do at the field?
May 12, 2019, 09:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoX1
Thanks for the response.

Ok so based on your response for wing removal....this plane may not be a good fit for someone who has to disassemble the plane for transportation...... So in your opinion would regular wing removal ,weaken the joint,or hurt cosmetics or be tedious to do at the field?
Yes to everything.

Quick Reply