Oct 12, 2019, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky210
replace the rear servo (burn up)
everything seems to be programed (read wiki and manual 12 times)
in hover mode the back come on but not the front
in 45 degrees all 4 motors come on,
when i go back to hover mode the front motors shut off
I'm confused ,i thought all 4 motors come on in hover
please help
They're supposed to. What angle are the rear fans at when you are in hover mode? Are they pointed the same way as the fronts or are they pointed straight back?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2019, 11:12 AM
the back are pointed slightly forward
Oct 12, 2019, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky210
the back are pointed slightly forward
So, like in the picture below ......................................

Have you seen this video, especially the part about the settings starting at about 6:40, particularly dealing with throttle?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=YKCbKQYgUgg

And you calibrated the 3-position switch for the proper end point travel?
Oct 12, 2019, 12:06 PM
yes
Oct 12, 2019, 12:37 PM
Might be time to contact Flex. I can't think of anything else.
Oct 12, 2019, 12:52 PM
Have you tried reloading the program to the unit .. sometimes things don't go well with downloads and uploads and it pays to do that again ... for just trying everything again !! ??
Oct 12, 2019, 01:19 PM
thank you
for helping me
i contacted flex they are sending a new servo
the replacement servo i put in has to use a reverse controller
was i did that now hover works
again
thank you
Oct 12, 2019, 02:02 PM
Some times just one little thing messes up the whole thing ... glad you found it . Now go out and enjoy that bird !!!!
Oct 12, 2019, 03:58 PM
I have a little question.
I have Finally got things straightened out, thanks to Mr. X. Thanks* I noticed with my Gen 1 DX8 in the channel assign, I did see the AUX1, but there isn't a H. (I wanted to reassign with that toggle too.) The 1st Gen DX8 calls it MIX, if I'm not mistaken. I have in the Channel assign, a MIX. So I placed the aux to the MIX channel ( since there isn'ta floating mix I channel I can place next to AUX1).....and the all the fans was armed by way of them running at very Low speeds! I was stomped for weeks! I did say anything because I wanted to read all of the related instructions first. At the same time, I Really Wasn't sure what to expect when the motors were "armed". Because all the quadcopter I've seen, never to my understanding, ran it props slowly to show that it was "armed". So yeah....

Anyhew, to my question
After all the Speed Bee configurations and adjustments with the configuration wooden instruments, I've noticed a small imperfection. In hover mode I've noticed the fan rims aren't exact. Is there anything to be concerned over? Will I have to readjust any configurations anywhere? Seth said he was going to release another video concerning stabilization adjustments or something? Thanks
Oct 12, 2019, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
I have a little question.
I have Finally got things straightened out, thanks to Mr. X. Thanks* I noticed with my Gen 1 DX8 in the channel assign, I did see the AUX1, but there isn't a H. (I wanted to reassign with that toggle too.) The 1st Gen DX8 calls it MIX, if I'm not mistaken. I have in the Channel assign, a MIX. So I placed the aux to the MIX channel ( since there isn'ta floating mix I channel I can place next to AUX1).....and the all the fans was armed by way of them running at very Low speeds! I was stomped for weeks! I did say anything because I wanted to read all of the related instructions first. At the same time, I Really Wasn't sure what to expect when the motors were "armed". Because all the quadcopter I've seen, never to my understanding, ran it props slowly to show that it was "armed". So yeah....

Anyhew, to my question
After all the Speed Bee configurations and adjustments with the configuration wooden instruments, I've noticed a small imperfection. In hover mode I've noticed the fan rims aren't exact. Is there anything to be concerned over? Will I have to readjust any configurations anywhere? Seth said he was going to release another video concerning stabilization adjustments or something? Thanks
It's been a while since my Gen1 DX8, so I can't remember what you can or can't do in Channel Assign. There isn't a second page to the channel assign menu? -- something about port assignment. Anyway, I hope you figure it out.
As for what you show on your picture, mine is somewhat like that, too. Both sides are not exact but I fly it that way and it seems to do just fine. I believe the gyros in the flight controller keeps the plane stable in all configurations and that slight misalignment isn't a significant factor in the way it functions.
Oct 12, 2019, 06:58 PM
Thanks X.
Oct 13, 2019, 07:21 PM
I am what I teach
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparren
Got mine today and got some hovering in and have a question.

I have calibrated the accelerometer twice now and it still drifts and yaws to the right significantly. It is also drifting forward but that could be as I set it up nose heavy. I can hold it in place with a steady hand.

Is it ok to trim it with the trims or is there a way to adjust/trim it in the SpeedyBee app?
My question seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle so I'll ask again -

I'm assuming I shouldn't need to trim for a level hover using the trim on the Tx, so how do I get rid of the drift? It's not wind related, doesn't matter. It drifts and rotates to the right.
Oct 13, 2019, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparren
My question seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle so I'll ask again -

I'm assuming I shouldn't need to trim for a level hover using the trim on the Tx, so how do I get rid of the drift? It's not wind related, doesn't matter. It drifts and rotates to the right.
I think it was posted here that it's supposed to drift forward. Take note of the fact that the rear fans are NOT completely level but they are slightly pointed forward, hence, the slight forward drift. It makes for a safer hover if you have to use a small amount of back pressure to hold it still. If you find a way to trim it out, it won't fly right.
Oct 13, 2019, 07:59 PM
But what do you do if it yawns right a lot?
Oct 13, 2019, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
But what do you do if it yawns right a lot?
In your last post where you showed a picture of the rear fans being a little out of alignment, you didn't mention the part about yawing "a lot". The yawing part, I don't consider to be a normal thing and it would appear that the flight controller can't adjust for it. If it were my plane, I would look at the internal tilt mechanism to see if one fan can be adjusted independent of the other and try to get them even. When I said mine were NOT exactly the same, I should have mentioned that when I used the provided gauge, I put that gauge on each side and did the travel adjust such that angle of the fans in hover mode was a sort of "average" of each other. Although I didn't try to see if I could make both sides "even", I did adjust them where one side was a little too much one way and the other was a little too much the other way. The total difference was in the "few millimeters". This seemed to have worked (for mine) and with respect to yaw and roll, the plane is quite steady. The pitch, as stated before is always tending toward a slight forward "hands off" movement. Quite predictable and easy to handle. There is still very good reverse capability in hover mode.

Quick Reply