Sep 21, 2019, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv
of course you do
No. Capacity doubles.
“C rating” is same on double capacity so available current draw doubles.
If it is 25C it remains 25C.

25C x 2.2Ah = 55A available. 1P 2200 25C
25C x 4.4Ah = 110A available. 2P 2200 25C
Last edited by dribbe; Sep 21, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 12:23 PM
mdv
mdv
My mistake. I guess the 'C' rating is the same but you do get twice the current which I think is what xviper was referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe
No. Capacity doubles.
“C rating” is same on double capacity so available current draw doubles.
If it is 25C it remains 25C.

25C x 2.2Ah = 55A available. 1P 2200 25C
25C x 4.4Ah = 110A available. 2P 2200 25C
Sep 21, 2019, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv
My mistake. I guess the 'C' rating is the same but you do get twice the current which I think is what xviper was referring to.
I believe "MAH" double when parallel and "cell count" doubles when in series while MAH stays the same. "C" can be interpretted in two ways. There is "C", which is the charge rate -- IE, if you charge a 2200mah battery at 1C, you are charging at 2.2A. If at 2C, charging is at 4.4A, etc. The "C" rating that I thought was being discussed was the discharge capability, as in "20C or 30C or 50C, etc"., which was what rtront was thinking he was getting by doubling upon the battery.
Sep 21, 2019, 02:35 PM
mdv
mdv
"C" rating applies the same for both charge and discharge. Dribbe is correct. "C" rating is a multiple of the capacity of the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
I believe "MAH" double when parallel and "cell count" doubles when in series while MAH stays the same. "C" can be interpretted in two ways. There is "C", which is the charge rate -- IE, if you charge a 2200mah battery at 1C, you are charging at 2.2A. If at 2C, charging is at 4.4A, etc. The "C" rating that I thought was being discussed was the discharge capability, as in "20C or 30C or 50C, etc"., which was what rtront was thinking he was getting by doubling upon the battery.
Sep 21, 2019, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv
"C" rating applies the same for both charge and discharge. Dribbe is correct. "C" rating is a multiple of the capacity of the battery.
I'm not going to completely agree here. I think we're talking about the same thing but calling them by different terms. I'm going to leave it at that.
My original point was that you don't put 2 X 20C batteries together to get a 40C battery.
Sep 21, 2019, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtront
Please could someone who actually has a Cypher check whether I can fit two 3S-2200 batteries into the aircraft? Perhaps a couple of the lower C rating (and thus smaller) packs would fit, wired in parallel. This would thus be 3S-4400. And about 50C (if the individual small packs were 25C each).
I know it would be heavy. But likely not much heavier than one of the recommended 3S-3500 75C packs.
Just wondering, as I have 3 pairs of 3S-2200 packs wired in series for my 6S-2200 Blade 500 heli. I'd just have rewire them to parallel, to get 3 big Cypher packs. Thanks very much,
Rtront.
2X2200 won't fit but I tried 2 60c 1800's and they will fit with some minor trimming in the batt cover.
Sep 21, 2019, 03:56 PM
Mine arrived last night. After a good float fly morning with our club I put the Cypher together. Straight forward build with no real issues.
After making all the initial adjustments I lifted off in hover mode in my shop. Probably not a great idea, but it behaved quite well, just like a big quad.
I don't have time to take it out to the club field until monday.
Sep 21, 2019, 06:36 PM
mdv
mdv
You might have mentioned the wings not fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asodestrom
... I put the Cypher together. Straight forward build with no real issues.
Sep 21, 2019, 06:45 PM
As it says on the wiki, you can trim the foam if you want. Or you can just push firmly and it pops in. It is EPO after all. I prefer to leave it that way. Note I have had the wings on and off twice without any triming.
Sep 21, 2019, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
Since others have indicated they won't fit, the following may be unimportant. I don't think you double the "C" rating when you put two batteries together in parallel.
Correct. 2 x 2200ma 25c batteries in parallel become effectively a 4400ma 25c battery. Since the capacity has doubled the effective max current output has also doubled (25x2200 vs 25x4400)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Sep 21, 2019, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv
I read the Wiki first.
Sep 21, 2019, 10:56 PM
I was wrong. Two 3S-2200s in parallel don't effectively double the 'C'. But as another writer indicated, it does double the safe total current. Which is better than working a single 3S-2200 to extreme.
Thanks for the correction. R.
Sep 22, 2019, 12:04 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv
Calling it “wings not fitting” is too extreme. To me, that means the wing cannot be attached, period.

More of a “minor fit issue”, documented by the manufacturer and easily overcome with a minor tweak, or ignore it and it will still fit with a tiny bit of foam compression.

Not a big deal and I have had worse fit issues. I will agree it would be better if all parts fit perfectly.
Latest blog entry: RC events for 2019!
Sep 22, 2019, 02:09 PM
I like that it's an interference fit. Even without tape I don't think they would come off
Sep 22, 2019, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackheli
Did you guys have a problem fitting the wings? The notches to the fuselage are misaligned... They only way I can see to fit them in is to cut a piece of the wing alignment tem off.

Does this make sense?

Initially, when I assembled the wings, I also thought something was wrong. I've been building models for 50 years. Then I reminded myself that this was foam and not balsa. Then I just pushed the wings, one at a time hard and they snapped in. The foam is soft enough and resilient enough to do this. So, no, this is not a design flaw. Just hold the fuse firmly and snap the wing in.

Quick Reply