Jul 19, 2019, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
David, you said "Production as usual always looks better than an model we show at the Shows! (Customer always gets a nicer model than I do!!)" What did you mean? From the pictures you posted, I could not discern the difference between the two. The production and the demo versions.
Hi G-LO,

Just little things that add up.... fit and finish... quality of the paint lines, colors, and masking.... the decals on the samples were various different materials and textures.... the lightning bolts on the white one were tweaked bigger along the way. Production is paint, and very nice water-slide decals that go well with the paint. Wiring is all manufactured to the correct length and much neater in production. Some of our previous samples have production representative final cooling vents, some do not. In Production, servos have color covering.

A couple of our samples have very early shots from the mold which are rougher than normal and heavier paint..... Good news is they are used and tested hard and still flying well. I have one that about 70% of the code testing was done on... It probably has 5-700 flights on it and a couple of hard arrivals.

Been doing this a long time... it is normal that the production is nicer than the samples.

From an Aerodynamic standpoint, it is unchanged from the first 'tooled' samples. Happily all these tweaks worked out in the CNC sample stage.

David
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2019, 07:28 AM
Do you see what I see?
Returned from two weeks out of town with the family as well as no electronics & “off the grid”. Checked my email & received one from UPS about a delivery scheduled for July 24th from........ Flex Innovations!!!!!!

Hope everyone else receives theirs soon!!

Coconut

P.S.- & now that I played for two weeks I’ll be out of town with work for two weeks which means I’ll be unable to answer any questions/thoughts you may have or take pics for ya.
Jul 23, 2019, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut
Returned from two weeks out of town with the family as well as no electronics & ďoff the gridĒ. Checked my email & received one from UPS about a delivery scheduled for July 24th from........ Flex Innovations!!!!!!

Hope everyone else receives theirs soon!!

Coconut

P.S.- & now that I played for two weeks Iíll be out of town with work for two weeks which means Iíll be unable to answer any questions/thoughts you may have or take pics for ya.
Thatís interesting since this thread and the Flex Innovations web site both state that the shipping container is on the way and deliveries are expected in mid September. I donít think itís the Cypher that is coming on July 24.
Jul 23, 2019, 07:41 AM
Do you see what I see?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_cox
Thatís interesting since this thread and the Flex Innovations web site both state that the shipping container is on the way and deliveries are expected in mid September. I donít think itís the Cypher that is coming on July 24.
Oh jeez...........

Youíre so right, I forgot I had ordered an out of stock batt from them!!!

Coconut
Jul 24, 2019, 12:23 AM
Jul 25, 2019, 08:51 AM
mdv
mdv
I just got a UPS notification of shipping label being created. Seems a bit early for that. I have never ordered anything but the FV-31 from Flex Innovations.
Jul 29, 2019, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv
I just got a UPS notification of shipping label being created. Seems a bit early for that. I have never ordered anything but the FV-31 from Flex Innovations.
Must be a mistake... (maybe our shipper made error tangled in the Mamba 60 BO shipments)
Feel free to forward the notice with a note to [email protected]

Best Regards,
David
Aug 16, 2019, 07:48 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Just came across this thread after seeing the ad in MA. Definitely putting this on my list! A couple of questions....

1. Saw the gear was removable. Are grass takeoffs problematic for the fans? Our field grass is pretty short but didn't know if the grass had to be manicured?
2. I fly Futaba but only have 'standard' FASST receivers like the R617FS. It's not S-BUS. Will that work?

Thanks in advance!
Aug 16, 2019, 05:45 PM
I am what I teach
Just sent in my preorder
Aug 17, 2019, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
Just came across this thread after seeing the ad in MA. Definitely putting this on my list! A couple of questions....

1. Saw the gear was removable. Are grass takeoffs problematic for the fans? Our field grass is pretty short but didn't know if the grass had to be manicured?
2. I fly Futaba but only have 'standard' FASST receivers like the R617FS. It's not S-BUS. Will that work?

Thanks in advance!
1. I’m not sure what you are specifically asking. It will take off easily in virtually any terrain. If you are asking about conventional “airplane” takeoffs, it will do quite well in traditional ‘mowed’ grass.
2. No, must be SBus. I’m not sure how old your TX is, but a 6202SB would be a good choice.
Aug 18, 2019, 06:48 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
1. Iím not sure what you are specifically asking. It will take off easily in virtually any terrain. If you are asking about conventional ďairplaneĒ takeoffs, it will do quite well in traditional Ďmowedí grass.
2. No, must be SBus. Iím not sure how old your TX is, but a 6202SB would be a good choice.
Hi Seth, thanks for the reply. Apologies for not being clear on my first question. What I was asking was, if I remove the landing gear and plop the Cypher on the ground, I was wondering if grass would interfere with the fans. I'm not talking about like really long grass of course, but your standard flying field. Does that make better sense?

As far as the receiver, I'm using a Futaba 10CHG transmitter.
Aug 18, 2019, 11:12 AM
RE: grass interfering with the fans.
From my experience with the Convergence and mini-Convergence and my 3 Ospreys, so long as the grass doesn't actually touch the blades, it shouldn't have much influence except for perhaps ground effect. The Convergences uses a small propeller on the tail boom, which is very close to the ground. Even the main blades (not fans) are quite close to the ground. My 3 V-22 Ospreys (2 Banana Hobby, 1 Eflite) has a ducted fan on the tail or a small prop, all of which are very close to the grass. On take off and landing, there is some ground effect when the plane is within 1 foot to 2 feet of the surface. You learn to manage that and the ground effect is quite minimal. Because of the way the fans and props turn, any loose grass is pushed down and not sucked directly in. Small bits of grass that get blown around and go into the blades from above do not make any impact to the way these planes operate. They are NOT unlike a hovercraft with no skirt. Get them quickly through that first foot or so and you're on your way. If I'm right about this and the Cypher behaves the same way, I intend to remove the gear permanently.
Aug 19, 2019, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
Hi Seth, thanks for the reply. Apologies for not being clear on my first question. What I was asking was, if I remove the landing gear and plop the Cypher on the ground, I was wondering if grass would interfere with the fans. I'm not talking about like really long grass of course, but your standard flying field. Does that make better sense?

As far as the receiver, I'm using a Futaba 10CHG transmitter.
We have flown it quite a bit off the belly on a lot of 'typical' mowed grass.
Have never had any issues.
I do like how it looks without the gear!

I don't know any specific on a 10CHG.... If it can support an 'sbus' capable receiver, you are good!
I read somewhere on here that the 10CG works with all FASST air Rx's.... can't independently confirm.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...00&postcount=3

David
Last edited by dribbe; Aug 19, 2019 at 08:21 PM.
Aug 19, 2019, 08:14 PM
I think it looks Sweet without the gear too. Just talking about that aspect of it kinda got me Stoked! Hope to see it "ground effect travel " as I do the Convergence, predominantly...
Aug 19, 2019, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
I think it looks Sweet without the gear too. Just talking about that aspect of it kinda got me Stoked! Hope to see it "ground effect travel " as I do the Convergence, predominantly...
Yeah.... For long term belly flying, maybe consider a bamboo skewer in the lower fin and a little clear tape on the fin bottom...
Works great overall....

A general tip FWIW on the 3S LiPo's.

A high quality 2200 can be used, but will offer a pretty short flight.
2600 is pretty good...
It really likes the 33-3600 packs!

David
Last edited by dribbe; Aug 19, 2019 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply