Jul 18, 2019, 12:18 AM
That's Good news.... thanks Daniel.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2019, 12:26 AM
The manual looks pretty good but why is the Spektrum spm4648 omitted from the manual? From initial posts I thought this was one of the good ones to use.
Jul 18, 2019, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC
The manual looks pretty good but why is the Spektrum spm4648 omitted from the manual? From initial posts I thought this was one of the good ones to use.
In the product page for the Cypher, Iíve only ever seen mentioned the SPM4649T. I have not seen anything about a 4648. Maybe I missed it? I think the 4648 is the same as the 4649T but without telemetry.
Jul 18, 2019, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
In the product page for the Cypher, Iíve only ever seen mentioned the SPM4649T. I have not seen anything about a 4648. Maybe I missed it? I think the 4648 is the same as the 4649T but without telemetry.
Hi Guys,

You can see we have the manual and wiki up to a large extent.

I have not tried the SPM4648. It says it supports SRXL or Remote/Satellite Rx.
Officially, we are only supporting the SRXL protocol for SPM.

Per page 48 you can see that we don't have a 3.3v port supporting the typical Sat. connector/form factor. (Honestly, we don't like that connector, especially where it can be a SINGLE point of failure, and are getting away from it where we are able)

I am not saying that some enterprising person could not get it working with some wiring (soldering?) and use of the Configurator, but it would not work out of the box, and is outside of the scope of what we can support!
Good low cost SPM solutions are supported however.

Thanks for your interest,
David
Jul 18, 2019, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackheli
Seems complicated... so much a plug and play product.
It always look complicated in the detailed written documentation.....
It is actually pretty simple for common radio users....
We hope to have some videos up before it ships showing a couple of setups with SPM/Fut, etc.

David
Last edited by dribbe; Jul 18, 2019 at 11:22 AM.
Jul 18, 2019, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
I sent an email to Flex Innovations a couple of days ago asking for an update. I asked that they have someone, anyone, from Flex either reply to me or to post up answers to questions being asked on this thread. I even provided a link. So far, nothing to me or on this forum. That is not the way to deal with people who have given them significant money weeks and months ago to pre-order a product. They still have yet to update their product page with the manual for this product.
As July progresses, I think it's only reasonable that they answer these questions by responding to emails or at least keeping this thread updated with information. If nothing happens as July draws to a close, I will be asking for my money back. I would suggest anyone who has a stake in this product, send them an email. Even better, if anyone knows "dribbe", you might give him a poke and suggest to him that he should be more attentive to his clientele. He has not been heard from in 2 months.
I can see that July 4 celebrations may interfere with "business", but beyond that, I can't think of other excuses.
Hi,

Yeah... sorry... to be open and transparent... I was in China for a while.... then sick for a bit... We are pretty busy on the projects and operations and don't spend much time on the forums... Our own channels and Facebook are higher priorities at this time.

The Bad News/Good News is like this...

The Bad News is projects have slipped.... (things sure seem challenging overseas these days)... but the Mamba 60 Container is due at the warehouse in next few days... The FV-31 Cypher should be first couple weeks of September.

The Good News is that the Cypher's are BUILT and packed out, and I inspected and tested them at the factory in China. The Container is being loaded and will be heading to the ship any day. Generally this means that the schedule from here out should not vary much at all....

Will be updating the product pages to reflect this.... now that we have confidence.

Thanks for the interest guys. The Cypher's looked very good, and consistent, and are all flying consistent and great!
For me, it is tons of fun to fly....
Production as usual always looks better than an model we show at the Shows! (Customer always gets a nicer model than I do!!)

Will add a couple of pictures below. (there were a couple of short Videos on my FB post of the trip.... check it out if you are able)
https://www.facebook.com/flexinnovationsrc/
Maybe this link works for some... there is a Cypher POST not too far down.

Best Regards,
David
Last edited by dribbe; Jul 18, 2019 at 07:47 PM.
Jul 18, 2019, 11:39 AM
Hi David
What is box dimension......need it for shipping calculation.
Thanks
Moti
Jul 18, 2019, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe
Hi Guys,

You can see we have the manual and wiki up to a large extent.

I have not tried the SPM4648. It says it supports SRXL or Remote/Satellite Rx.
Officially, we are only supporting the SRXL protocol for SPM.

Per page 48 you can see that we don't have a 3.3v port supporting the typical Sat. connector/form factor. (Honestly, we don't like that connector, especially where it can be a SINGLE point of failure, and are getting away from it where we are able)

I am not saying that some enterprising person could not get it working with some wiring (soldering?) and use of the Configurator, but it would not work out of the box, and is outside of the scope of what we can support!
Good low cost SPM solutions are supported however.

Thanks for your interest,
David
Ok, no big deal, I'll get a SPM4649T for this. Too bad since I do have a spare spm4648 that I use with some of my 220-250mm fpv racing quads.

I'm not sure what you have a problem with sat connectors. I've normally have had very few problems with them. I still use a Lemon Rx DSMX Compatible Diversity sat on my QQ 300 Extra G1 without any problems. I kinda think the main reason is that your Cypher FC does not have a 3.3v output option that most quad FC's have.
Jul 18, 2019, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I understand... we do fine with the single Sat in our 10 sized planes (this one is more expensive and has 4 ducted-fans/motors....) very few problems.... but we go to a lot of events... sell quite a few planes... help a lot of customers.... In a lot of applications it is fine, and most customers never have a problem... but, when we do see a problem, it is usually with a sat install...
We just want to minimize the problems are customers experience and the bad feelings that come with it... especially when there are better cost effective solutions available... (The 4949T still has ONE small 4 pin connector out of the box. I have suggested to the Spektrum guys they make something similar with NONE of those connectors.)
The common SRXL 'servo' connection can work out of the box with no controller settings made. This is a big help for many less techy customers....

(In a 2-Rx or antenna diversity needed 60-sized plane for example, and AR8010T is only about $10 more than two sats, and has Telemetry and additional ports available, and we do VERY well with it for reliability... in fact, we fly it with the Aura Pro in our large turbine thrust vectoring jets (with 3 Sats plugged in))

--------
For the box size.... let me see if I can figure out how to get an accurate number....

Best Regards,
David
Last edited by dribbe; Jul 18, 2019 at 07:51 PM.
Jul 18, 2019, 07:45 PM
For box size.... I show... Outer Box should be about.....

860mm x 510mm x 215mm
Probably about 3.5kg

David
Jul 18, 2019, 08:05 PM
mdv
mdv
Wow! When I ordered on July 11th the website said deliveries expected in July. I think it still said so yesterday.

I want to cancel this order. How do I go about doing this? I did not register an account on the website.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe

The FV-31 Cypher should be first couple weeks of September.
Jul 18, 2019, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv
Wow! When I ordered on July 11th the website said deliveries expected in July. I think it still said so yesterday.

I want to cancel this order. How do I go about doing this? I did not register an account on the website.

Mark
I ordered in early May. Iím also considering canceling but will probably wait.
Jul 18, 2019, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv

Mark
Hi,

Sorry it's late, but it is in transit! and flies awesome.

You would call or write our Support.
[email protected]
866 310-3539

Best Regards,
David
Jul 18, 2019, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_cox
I ordered in early May. Iím also considering canceling but will probably wait.
I ordered late May and like you, also considered cancelling when I got no answer from anyone at Flex. But since David has finally appeared on this thread, I will also wait (until the next delay anyway).
David, you really need to give the authority to someone (anyone) at your shop to respond to customer inquiries when you are unable to do so for whatever reason. Silence is not confidence inspiring in a business.
Jul 19, 2019, 05:20 AM
David, you said "Production as usual always looks better than an model we show at the Shows! (Customer always gets a nicer model than I do!!)" What did you mean? From the pictures you posted, I could not discern the difference between the two. The production and the demo versions.

Quick Reply