Sep 14, 2019, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
I had requested a shipping quote several days ago as I live in Hawaii,but have not received anything yet,so still waiting to order.
Will make sure it gets checked on Monday... not sure at the moment...
David
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 02:35 PM
Ya ,, I was in that throttle range ... I may have just bumped it or actually I have not made any trim flights so it might still be climbing some .. I was trying to make a special effort to not give any control to see how it did . I usually don't care much about trims as you have to fly it any how ... and I am mostly a heli pilot so you are on the controls all the time any how .
Sep 14, 2019, 07:44 PM
David, why didn't you post this yet. Demo for FliteTest folks.

FV-31 Cypher Fun at Edgewater Airpark! (2 min 15 sec)
Sep 14, 2019, 08:20 PM
Suspended Account
In his post #280 where he had the YouTube video of the TX/RX set-up, at the end of that video was a bunch of featured links. That video was one of those.
Sep 14, 2019, 08:47 PM
Oh I did not catch that, thanks Xviper.
Sep 14, 2019, 09:56 PM
Suspended Account
I'm kinda surprised I didn't see it on the FliteTest channel.
Sep 15, 2019, 01:51 AM
Me too. But I know they show -Everything-, so in a matter of time I'm sure.
Sep 15, 2019, 09:27 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
Me too. But I know they show -Everything-, so in a matter of time I'm sure.
It was a very well done video and as with most Flex videos, looks professional. When and if FliteTest releases their version, you know it will be heavily monetized and they'll even talk about sponsorship within the video itself. That's the one thing I don't like about FliteTest videos, all those ads and the longer vids have more than one or two ads. Trying to make money off all their vids makes them look much less altruistic than they make themselves out to be.
Sep 15, 2019, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
David, why didn't you post this yet. Demo for FliteTest folks.

https://youtu.be/m81t4qIEcF4
Yeah, QQ and I made a trip up there a couple months ago and had a good time flying with those guys.
We have had the video a while but didn't want it out until the product shipped.
That one is me flying and their guy chasing with the quad (we eventually mid-aired)
At about 1:30 in you can see it doing a 'Cypher slide' backwards in 45 mode. It is an interesting perspective, but you can really get it going fast backwards in that situation.

They shot another video and we had Josh B flying it. I expect that one will come out at some point... he did good.

David
Sep 15, 2019, 01:21 PM
Electric Coolhunter
About to load the car and head to the field.

Doing the maiden on the Cypher and on two other models today as well, plus taking some other models.
Latest blog entry: My 2022 event schedule.
Sep 15, 2019, 01:37 PM
Hey,
Not sure if this one is well linked... it is some info on installing the Betaflight Configurator (Windows PC)
How to Install Betaflight on Your PC (Cypher VTOL) (4 min 10 sec)

David
Sep 15, 2019, 08:43 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Well, no luck today. I deferred doing the gyro calibration until I arrived at the field.

The app on my IPhone decided to go tango uniform. It opens for one second, then exits without allowing you to do anything. Worked perfectly on Friday setting up the telemetry.

Decided to bring it home and do it on the laptop.

Anyone else having issues with the Betaflight app in general, and the IPhone version in particular?
Latest blog entry: My 2022 event schedule.
Sep 15, 2019, 08:45 PM
No problems here in windows 10 .
Sep 15, 2019, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
Please let us know when you actually see it moving in the tracking system. Mine "shipped" ("pre-shipped") 5 days ago, but is still sitting in Flex's loading bay. USPS doesn't have it yet.
Tracking says Friday Sept 20.
Sep 15, 2019, 10:20 PM
Electric Coolhunter
App working again now that I am home. Must not like wireless 4g at the field.

Tested it with Wi-Fi turned off on my phone. Not working unless Wi-Fi is active.

Is that normal?
Last edited by Thomas B; Sep 15, 2019 at 10:28 PM.

Quick Reply