Feb 23, 2019, 05:41 PM
My orange one just showed up a few hours ago. Evreything looks good.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2019, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Monday I apply the decals and go fly it......weather permitting.
When you do get to fly it, see if there is any difference flying with the rounded wing tips and with out them.

Curious if there is any benefit one way or the other
Feb 23, 2019, 09:29 PM
Mine is ready to fly. I was looking for my strings to hang it from my digital scale. Couldn't find them... but I'll make a new set and get a good weight for you.

The weather has been rainy all week in Atlanta. I look forward to flying it some time Monday. Stay tuned!

Everything went together very well. My only note is... if you buy 4 1.25" EF aluminum servo horns, then you will have to shorten the one on the elevator one hole. I simply did this on my belt sander then polished it. If you don't do this, then the arm will hit the stab.
Feb 23, 2019, 09:34 PM
Here's some pics. One is the assembled plane. The other is me updating the firmware and settings on the Castle Talon 90.

Since I fly only 6S packs, I had to order some 4S. CNHL had a sale and I received 2 4S 3000 55c packs. Zach told me he likes the 3000's in these planes.

I guess it will be a race between me and Doc to see who flies theirs first!

Lastly, I want to say godspeed to the crew of Atlas (Giant) 3591. Clear skies always. Always hard when you know it's friends of friends that went down doing what they love.
Feb 24, 2019, 12:18 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitech1
When you do get to fly it, see if there is any difference flying with the rounded wing tips and with out them.

Curious if there is any benefit one way or the other

I expect it will be like on the 48s. It slows the roll rate a little but the 52s roll fast anyway, so no penalty there. The do seem to add stability and maybe smooth out the turbulence coming off the SFGs. I'm going to try them, but the plane just barely fits in my car without them. I'll probably end up flying it like that for convenience sake. but I'm going to try the tips first. They are beautifully made so I don't want to waste them.

However, I m guessing I am going to love the pane so much I will be afraid to change anything.
Feb 24, 2019, 12:20 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by swill
Everything went together very well. My only note is... if you buy 4 1.25" EF aluminum servo horns, then you will have to shorten the one on the elevator one hole. I simply did this on my belt sander then polished it. If you don't do this, then the arm will hit the stab.
I dropped the servo 1/8" and used the outer hole to get even more throw. It's gonna be sick.
Feb 24, 2019, 08:18 AM
Can any of you guys with the edge and slick comment on any differences between the landing gear area?

Are they the same or has the design been changed on the newer edge. Having a really hard time deciding between these two airframes...
With some of the areas I fly I have to harrier land more than I'd like..
Can't wait to see some flight reports / video!
Feb 24, 2019, 10:24 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay96
Can any of you guys with the edge and slick comment on any differences between the landing gear area?

Are they the same or has the design been changed on the newer edge.
Check the latest blog article and you'll find pictures of it.

Quote:
Having a really hard time deciding between these two airframes........With some of the areas I fly I have to harrier land more than I'd like..
The Edge probably harrier lands the best of any of them, I mean in all the other sizes. I'm sure the 52 will be the same thing.
Feb 24, 2019, 01:33 PM
From the pictures the gear plate appears to be nicely reinforced! Is this the same design as the slick?
Feb 24, 2019, 01:38 PM
out to have fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregertman
My orange one just showed up a few hours ago. Evreything looks good.
Cant wait to get my thumbs on one of these
Feb 24, 2019, 02:20 PM
Team Extreme Flight
3DHS returns to the mid size market in the biggest possilbe way with the fabulous Edte 540

Feb 25, 2019, 12:40 PM
First three flights in the books! My first reaction is - rock solid. We have post frontal winds in a Atlanta today (gusting 15-20) and this model handled the wind as well as my 74. Trim... none necessary! Was impressed at how light yet how well it penetrates the wind. I am using a Jeti REX 7A assist receiver, which probably helped some.

Tumbles very well. Point rolls nice and crisp. Stable in high alpha.

What more could you want in a plane that fits in the back seat?
Feb 25, 2019, 12:47 PM
out to have fun
Congrats. Color scheme looks good siting next to the orange one.
Feb 25, 2019, 01:06 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Kind of looks like mine.\

Were got really heavy winds for a few days, so I'm going to wait for more sane conditions.

Glad you are enjoying yours, Swill.
Feb 25, 2019, 01:28 PM
Hey Guys!
Wow- this looks great! I am thinking about this , as my first ARF Kit. As I am not new to 3D/XA ( foam) I am to balsa/ building, or should I say Assembley?

I noticed some build vids for some EF model, particularly 48” and the 60” line. Would any of those Video Series apply to this model?

Thanks!
~Rob

Quick Reply