Feb 20, 2019, 10:18 AM
out to have fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT
Would love to see you tomorrow, but please give us until noon. We have a limited time to unload the container before we get charged additional fees so it will be all hands on deck to knock it out. Happy to give you all the time you need after noon. Thanks!
wouldn't that be awesome to get the tour.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2019, 02:24 PM

Unboxing!

Just got home from my trip to Mecca! Got there about 1pm in order to give the guys and gals enough time to unpack the new container. Decided to get all the trimmings to build this one ASAP, including the MKS HV69 servos, the motor and Talon 90. Here's what I believe are the first unboxing pics! First impressions... awesome fit and finish as usual! I think I am going to love this one a lot. Will be flying it on my Jeti REX7A (Assist) receiver.
Last edited by swill; Feb 20, 2019 at 02:24 PM. Reason: typo
Feb 20, 2019, 03:17 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Holy cow! Look at all that composite! I was sure not expecting that. It does look like the level of build quality may have gone up a notch.

How about some pics of the stab and stab saddle, please?

Thanks!
Feb 20, 2019, 06:13 PM
I’m with Doc, it looks like EF has upped the game in this class again. For me it gone from ‘I don’t need anymore planes to I’ve got to have this’.
Feb 20, 2019, 08:13 PM
I'm like what I'm seeing. My orange one is showing as shipped.
Feb 20, 2019, 08:14 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Now is the time to jump on the 52" train. We've got another one coming this summer that's going to blindside everyone.
Feb 21, 2019, 12:18 PM
Chef Pilot: Planes vs Butter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Now is the time to jump on the 52" train. We've got another one coming this summer that's going to blindside everyone.
I thought you weren't privy to inside information about upcoming planes??
Feb 21, 2019, 12:43 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoDiablo
I thought you weren't privy to inside information about upcoming planes??
Some stuff yes, some stuff no.
Feb 21, 2019, 08:04 PM
Hey Guys,

These have turned up in Australia as well. Any comparison in terms of fuselage weight between the Edge and the slick? The Edge looks like it uses a lot more carbon.

All the Best

Danny
Feb 22, 2019, 09:54 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Keep an eye on the page below. We'll post pictures on this page as soon as the box hits the doorstep. This will be followed in a day or two (weather permitting) by our usual build and fly report.

Last edited by Doc Austin; Feb 22, 2019 at 10:35 AM.
Feb 22, 2019, 06:35 PM
Team Extreme Flight
We are now live and the photos are up.

It's mostly finished, but I was running my music off my phone and ran the battery down. So, I couldn't take pictures, but I will definitely have more tomorrow.
Last edited by Doc Austin; Feb 22, 2019 at 10:25 PM.
Feb 23, 2019, 03:44 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Ran out of rapid tac, but I'll have the decals on it Monday before I fly it.
Feb 23, 2019, 04:16 PM
Crazy 3D
Doc , that airplane looks awesome , really waiting for your fly report
Feb 23, 2019, 04:22 PM
Team Extreme Flight
I've got the kit/build report almost ready and hope to publish tomorrow night......got a few details to tighten up and check everything.

Monday I apply the decals and go fly it......weather permitting.

Really excited about this plane. I thought it looked good until I got it all together, and then it's mega. Really nice looing plane. The scheme is easy to see and I love all the gold on it. The bottom is blinkeringly good. So far I'm thrilled with it. The build went smooth and the set up was pretty close to effortless, including the gyro. It was just a point and shoot exercise. I'm sure it's going to fly the same way.

Who else is building one of these?
Feb 23, 2019, 04:26 PM
Where did that tree come from
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Ran out of rapid tac, but I'll have the decals on it Monday before I fly it.
It's ready to fly ? That was a fast build.

Quick Reply