Aug 17, 2019, 09:45 PM
Tugs & Bugs
Amazing!
Aug 19, 2019, 12:09 AM
Thread OP
This thing is difficult.
Aug 30, 2019, 06:28 PM
Thread OP
Wired up and ready to go with no leaks. Im gonna try test it out this weekend.
Sep 02, 2019, 09:26 PM
Thread OP

Disaster!!!!

Put it on the pond today to test it out.

First run had weight in the back to put the cg 16" from the stern. (Boat is 48")

Not bad but kind of slow and it.looked like the back was low in the water:

Aphrodite with weights (1 min 41 sec)

So I took the weights out and tried it again. It ran a lot faster but after a short while I could tell something was wrong.

I brought it in, took the cabin off and it was full of water. Then the esc burst into flames hahahahahaha.

Maiden voyage, Aphrodite (1 min 46 sec)

The top side pieces the boat don't fit right, large gaps, and I just had them taped on for a test run. Watching the second video it can be seen a lot of water splashed into the boat.

I can make the top pieces fit, but that's not my problem, the water will still get in because it's not sealed around the cabin.

Back to the drawing board. Ssuggestions welcome.
Sep 03, 2019, 05:38 AM
Once you seal the deck to the hull most of the water issue should resolve itself.
Then see how much water comes thru the cabin / deck gap.
It may not be enough to worry about.
Sep 03, 2019, 07:53 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Too bad the real Aphrodite didn't have a spray rail (or did it?) -that's what the model needs to keep the water from wrapping around the smooth hull...at least from 1/3 from the stem to the transom. If you want to hide it, it looks like you could get away with putting it just below the waterline
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Sep 03, 2019, 10:02 AM
looking at photo's (google images) it looks like there is a small spray rail on the aft third of the hull just above the waterline..
Sep 03, 2019, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tghsmith
looking at photo's (google images) it looks like there is a small spray rail on the aft third of the hull just above the waterline..
It's quite clear in the first pic on this link, which has some useful shots of the boat anyway.

https://www.yachtingmagazine.com/cla...cht-aphrodite/
Sep 03, 2019, 12:15 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Ha! that picture is a nice find, Twobadboats,... there actually are two spray rails one about 1/3 back from the stem and a aft spray/ rub rail on the aft quarter(as stated by tghsmith)-Mikey, that will cure your water problem -true to 1:1 form!
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Sep 03, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Quick Reply