Feb 14, 2019, 09:59 PM
Thread OP
Fly-In

Glow Plug Palooza - July 19-21, 2019 - Decatur, IL

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that we have a Glow Only* event scheduled for this summer in central Illinois.

It used to be that we had an electric event as a special thing. Now that electrics seem to rule the air, we thought it might be a good thing to have a Glow Plug event for a change.

Glow power is making a comeback, and we want to be at the head of the line!

So break out those alcohol-powered birds and have fun with us - July 19-21 - Decatur Aero Commanders.

www.GlowPlugPalooza.com
https://www.modelaircraft.org/events/glow-plug-palooza

Andy

* Diesel power piston engines are OK too.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2019, 08:48 PM
Thread OP
ARUP - I tried to reply to you but you have PMs disabled. Looking forward to you being here.

Andy
Mar 03, 2019, 07:53 AM

rather optimistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Glow power is making a comeback, and we want to be at the head of the line!
Can you show the increase in engine and glow only model availability? Even just from "Horrizon Hobbes"

From here it still appears to be declining.
Mar 03, 2019, 02:19 PM
Thread OP
Sorry, I didn't mean to make a world-wide statement. Perhaps glow is not seeing an uptick in Ireland nor in general interest. I would rather you look for trends at nimble, innovative (usually small) companies instead of what a behemoth is doing.

The folks who claim "building is dying" are wrong because they aren't looking at building materials other than balsa and ply. Same thing. Look around at smaller vendors.

Andy
Apr 03, 2019, 09:20 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Nitro Models are definitly on the uptick in GA.
Apr 04, 2019, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
Are you going to the event there this weekend?

Andy
Apr 04, 2019, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Are you going to the event there this weekend?

Andy
Yessir (it's at my house )
Apr 07, 2019, 03:38 PM
Thread OP
Finally got the flyer finished.

Andy
Last edited by AndyKunz; May 16, 2019 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Attach updated flyer PDF
Apr 07, 2019, 07:59 PM
Is this venue class A RV friendly?
Apr 08, 2019, 07:50 AM
Thread OP
You can drive your RV there, but you can't camp overnight. There's a camp ground about 10 minutes away in one direction, and a Walmart 10 minutes in the other.

How'd your event go?

Andy
Apr 09, 2019, 06:30 AM
Quote:
You can drive your RV there, but you can't camp overnight. There's a camp ground about 10 minutes away in one direction, and a Walmart 10 minutes in the other.

How'd your event go?

Andy
We are a small venue, no sponsors..... but still mustered about 30 pilots and lots of flying....... everyone had a blast!
Apr 09, 2019, 07:49 AM
Thread OP
That's bigger than some AMA-hosted events!

Andy
May 16, 2019, 05:41 PM
Thread OP
I just updated the GPP flyer to include our first sponsor VP Racing Fuels. I also learned a little about making PDFs look better

If anybody is going to SMALL, I'll see you there too.

Andy
May 16, 2019, 07:03 PM
I canít wait to get my slimers out! And itís nice itís only 10 min from home haha.
Jun 21, 2019, 10:52 AM
Commemorative t-shirts in “comfortable” sizes have been ordered. Quantities limited.

Quick Reply