Feb 28, 2019, 12:16 AM
M Seid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Trussell
I have not flown it again as Im snowed in,
As far as setup
Mine was the first one built as you all know so the parts kit was just thrown together.
Thomas always has great parts kits with everything you need so the production ones will be well sorted.
I used 2 KST x08s on the ailerons and 2 Emax 9051s on the rudder ele.
my CG is close to 68mm
total weight on mine was 156 grams.
Flying impressions.....
It Launches.....And I mean LAUNCHES.
I didn't give it the wood till later in the contest .Then later I was whip cracking it hard,(It doesn't care one bit)
floats amazing
travels awesome
Now lets explain the wing . It looks big . It is big and there is a reason for it ......BALLAST...This little plane will take 60 to 90 grams of ballast for the wind and still perform. Try that with one of the little winged planes out there.
I swear to you that I would not hesitate to use the Deviant as my backup in 1.5 contest(ITS THAT GOOD)
Video coming this weekend
Gavin 4 TIME WORLD 1 METER CHAMPION.........
still waiting for applause .
Large $ if you can win the ihlgf international 1m world championship. And the tee shirt will be legendary. Nick wu will be designing it.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2019, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
Mmmm mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm
Mar 08, 2019, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
Mmmm mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm
Tease :P
Mar 16, 2019, 09:55 PM
Any news about when the models will be available? Looking forward to flying this plane.
Mar 16, 2019, 10:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Povinho
Any news about when the models will be available? Looking forward to flying this plane.
We have quite a few made already and more made everyday, no worries on wings/fuse/tails, but I want to check the fit on all the small parts (tray, horns, etc). I'm waiting for my models to arrive, once they do I will give the OK for the planes to start shipping to customers.

I'll start sending out invoices to you guys this week as we're getting quite close now.

Thanks!
Thomas
Mar 17, 2019, 01:27 AM
Ed Dawson
Cant wait!
Mar 17, 2019, 11:59 AM
RHX138
What is your methodology for your wing and airfoil design? Do you guy's make a lot of prototypes or do you do everything mostly in the computer? Do you use XFLR5?

Your Go Mini seemed like it had incredible float characteristics.
Last edited by RHX138; Mar 17, 2019 at 12:17 PM.
Mar 17, 2019, 04:39 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Hi Robert,
You can find Thomas's Go-Mini design criteria in his first post, i.e. based on Vibe airfoils.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...16&postcount=1

You can probably go back to the Vibe and find more baseline logic there.
Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Mar 18, 2019, 12:25 PM
Thread OP
Hi RHX138, we do most of the work in XFLR5, some of it is through testing and empirical data, and some of it is just experience from all the other models we have released so far. The GO Mini floated well but more importantly carried weight well when conditions get tough.
Mar 22, 2019, 09:22 AM
Team USA F5J
Can’t wait to get mine!

Jon
Latest blog entry: My sailplanes
Mar 24, 2019, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
While everyone is waiting for me to get my models so I can give the OK, here are some of the latest photos from the factory
Mar 24, 2019, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
While everyone is waiting for me to get my models so I can give the OK, here are some of the latest photos from the factory
Wow...that yellow is like looking at the sun.
Mar 25, 2019, 09:40 AM
KD9GTO
My word those look beautiful. I see the pattern I ordered in those shots and Im so happy with how it looks! Cannot wait!
Mar 25, 2019, 01:17 PM
Hey Thomas;
Which battery are you finding most suitable for this little guy? Getting pieces together.
Cary
Mar 25, 2019, 02:17 PM
Team Horizon Pilot :)
Thomas wouldn't know as I have the only one in the states. HaHaHa sorry Thomas couldn't resist
Im using a Tattoo 380 1 s battery. Amazon I think
Good luck
GAvin
Latest blog entry: cr

Quick Reply