Feb 20, 2019, 11:59 PM
I’m in. I just sent a PM with contact info.

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2019, 12:08 AM
Thread OP
Just added you! Thank you, I know you had a lot of good times with the GO Mini from reading the threads
Feb 21, 2019, 12:18 AM
Brent Lytle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
Just added you! Thank you, I know you had a lot of good times with the GO Mini from reading the threads
Not to mention his profile photo!
Feb 21, 2019, 12:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by blytle
Not to mention his profile photo!
It's a subtle hint
Feb 21, 2019, 11:49 AM
aka: Pauly Knuckles
Thomas, did you not receive my PM??
Feb 21, 2019, 12:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by plankaujr
Thomas, did you not receive my PM??
No haven't seen it, I'll send you a PM now!
Feb 21, 2019, 11:16 PM
Thomas, regarding the peg, will the Deviant have a pre-molded hard point for it like the BAMF?
Feb 22, 2019, 07:42 AM
Aurora Builder
On a similar note, Gavin what equipment did you use? Any more flight impressions??
Feb 22, 2019, 03:41 PM
Team Horizon Pilot :)
I have not flown it again as Im snowed in,
As far as setup
Mine was the first one built as you all know so the parts kit was just thrown together.
Thomas always has great parts kits with everything you need so the production ones will be well sorted.
I used 2 KST x08s on the ailerons and 2 Emax 9051s on the rudder ele.
my CG is close to 68mm
total weight on mine was 156 grams.
Flying impressions.....
It Launches.....And I mean LAUNCHES.
I didn't give it the wood till later in the contest .Then later I was whip cracking it hard,(It doesn't care one bit)
floats amazing
travels awesome
Now lets explain the wing . It looks big . It is big and there is a reason for it ......BALLAST...This little plane will take 60 to 90 grams of ballast for the wind and still perform. Try that with one of the little winged planes out there.
I swear to you that I would not hesitate to use the Deviant as my backup in 1.5 contest(ITS THAT GOOD)
Video coming this weekend
Gavin 4 TIME WORLD 1 METER CHAMPION.........
still waiting for applause .
Latest blog entry: cr
Feb 22, 2019, 05:02 PM
*golf clap*

James
Feb 27, 2019, 12:24 AM
Thread OP
Have a couple updates I need to do to the wait list in terms of updates to graphics choices and I still have some emails to get back to. Falling a day or so behind in admin work right now, hope to catch up this weekend.

My models should also be en route to me within the next couple days too, at the moment things seem to be on track for on-time delivery of the first production models. Will keep you all updated as things progress!

As we get closer to the first deliveries I will start sending out the invoices.
Feb 27, 2019, 07:22 AM
Ed Dawson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Trussell
I have not flown it again as Im snowed in,
As far as setup
Mine was the first one built as you all know so the parts kit was just thrown together.
Thomas always has great parts kits with everything you need so the production ones will be well sorted.
I used 2 KST x08s on the ailerons and 2 Emax 9051s on the rudder ele.
my CG is close to 68mm
total weight on mine was 156 grams.
Flying impressions.....
It Launches.....And I mean LAUNCHES.
I didn't give it the wood till later in the contest .Then later I was whip cracking it hard,(It doesn't care one bit)
floats amazing
travels awesome
Now lets explain the wing . It looks big . It is big and there is a reason for it ......BALLAST...This little plane will take 60 to 90 grams of ballast for the wind and still perform. Try that with one of the little winged planes out there.
I swear to you that I would not hesitate to use the Deviant as my backup in 1.5 contest(ITS THAT GOOD)
Video coming this weekend
Gavin 4 TIME WORLD 1 METER CHAMPION.........
still waiting for applause .
Gavin, do you mind sharing which battery you used, and I would guess you used the Spektrum AR 410 (without the case) as your receiver?

Thanks, Ed
Feb 27, 2019, 12:00 PM
Team Horizon Pilot :)
I used a Tatoo 1s 380 for the battery and a 410 shrinked for the rx .
I always have options for gear but try to build for CG.
The new birds will weigh less so the build might be different as to position of gear installation.
But Im excited to see one that is perfect.
Taking mine to F5J in florida this weekend for fun.If you come you can fly it .lol
Gavin
Latest blog entry: cr
Feb 27, 2019, 03:24 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
oooh. i want one!
nice size to take everywhere
Feb 27, 2019, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcats
oooh. i want one!
nice size to take everywhere
He's still taking pre-orders until tomorrow. Just send Thomas a PM and make it an even 40

Quick Reply