to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2019, 07:24 AM
What servos did you use for the Rudder & Elevator?
Looks like they sit much lower to the servo tray than the EMAX ES9051's - allowing for much better clearance with the removable nose cone!
Nov 13, 2019, 07:50 AM
Its bluebird DMG101 i use this servos for all my 1m dlg
Nov 13, 2019, 11:04 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremaero
Hey guys some pictures of deviant build for a customer
Thanks for the pics.

Are you using CA only for the launch peg or epoxy? Or both?
Nov 13, 2019, 11:47 AM
CA i use this method on all my dlg
Nov 17, 2019, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnflyer44
We still have 1 standard and 1 strong layup in stock: https://www.armsoar.com/collections/...31162155368551

I check the site last night and saw that the strong version is the only Deviant left. Placed in my shopping cart.

My question for others on this thread:
I am new to DLG but have been flying rc for many years. Have experience with soaring and slope combat. Is the strong version the wrong choice for a beginner?
Hi MT, I'm in the same boat. I'm new to DLG. I've been flying the UMX Radian, and other like models for years. I got the Whip It DLG, and had a bit of fun with that too. So when I asked Thomas, he mentioned that it only ups the weight by a few grams. But over all the glider should handle more rough handling.

I'm so looking forward to getting mine!
Nov 17, 2019, 08:57 PM
Rocky Mountain High
Hope mine ships soon. Paid for it several days ago. No shipping info. Ordered servos Wed from their California location and they arrived Saturday.
Nov 22, 2019, 04:02 PM
Rocky Mountain High
Arrived today in perfect condition. Wow, impressive quality.
Nov 23, 2019, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Awesome! Take some pics! I'm hoping in a few weeks, after my trip to the States.
Nov 23, 2019, 02:47 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremaero
Hey guys some pictures of deviant build for a customer

Thanks for the build picks! Looks great.

Special ordered mine that’s coming straight from the factory. Can’t wait to get this one in the air!
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Nov 23, 2019 at 02:52 AM.
Nov 23, 2019, 10:09 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Great you got yours! Share your assembly pics if you have the time.

Still waiting for mine. Shipped Nov 14th. Stuck in Customs in Toronto for a good part of the this week. Then I got brokerage documents asking me to pay additional taxes. Now waiting for the customs broker to pass it to the last-mile delivery service. Hopefully it will be delivered after the weekend.
Nov 23, 2019, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingrrcg
Great you got yours! Share your assembly pics if you have the time.

Still waiting for mine. Shipped Nov 14th. Stuck in Customs in Toronto for a good part of the this week. Then I got brokerage documents asking me to pay additional taxes. Now waiting for the customs broker to pass it to the last-mile delivery service. Hopefully it will be delivered after the weekend.
How much was your customs fee? Are you around Toronto somewhere? I'm just outside of Toronto.
Nov 23, 2019, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Mechanic
Thanks for the build picks! Looks great.

Special ordered mine thatís coming straight from the factory. Canít wait to get this one in the air!
Pretty blue!!!!
Me liky!
Nov 23, 2019, 11:38 AM
Just another user...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivan81
How much was your customs fee? Are you around Toronto somewhere? I'm just outside of Toronto.
I am in Peterborough. My order consisted of the Deviant as well as the servo package.

According to the brokerage documents, I was charged 13% (i.e. HST) on the sum of the declared value of the package and the duty This 13% worked out to about C$90. The duty amount was very small -- only C$8+. And I believe this was for the servos. The glider itself should be duty free if it was declare properly in the documents as it originated in the Ukraine which has a free trade agreement with Canada. The brokerage and admin fee was about C$20. So a total of a little less than C$120.

I should get the GST I paid on the sale back from Thomas after I submit the documents to him.

Strangely enough, the brokerage documents seem to indicate that the contents were declared as 'Steering Engine'. Something was definitely lost in translation when the original shipping documents were prepared by SF Express in Guangzhou, China. My guess is that they tried to translate the Chinese words for 'servo' into English. As you can imagine, such a cryptic description of contents would probably increase scrutiny when it enters the country.
Nov 23, 2019, 03:38 PM
I had ordered the Deviant and servo pack too. The servos came in a separate package. I already have those. Paid $47.13 for the tax on it. Break down was weird. I'm in Oshawa, by the way.

Charges due:
Import Duty C$8.64
Import VAT C$19.84
Brokerage and Admin Fee C$18.65
Total C$47.13
Yep, it said "Steering Engine" too for me.

So, I was wondering if I was going to have something similar for the Deviant too, when that comes in.

Quick Reply