This thread is privately moderated by bnrusso, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 14, 2019, 08:11 PM
early retired & loving it
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

STM32 Firmware update 4in1 modules T-12 IrangeX &

Updated 2/14/2019

This is how to update firmware for 4in1 modules. I own 2 types at this time.
Since there are several modules and a few ways to update I will try to cover what I know and I hope you will help. My goal is to try to add whatever helps to have a step by step approach to do any type.
For reference I followed Pascal Langer's process. HERE:https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...iling_STM32.md

T-12 4-in-1 V 1.2
Since I was first successful with this one I will start here.
The version should be determined first.
AFAIK there are currently 2 versions of the PC board. V1.1 and V1.2
I had to open the case to determine my PCB version.
If you don't have to remove the PCB coax connector then don't. These types of connectors can give out after a few disconnects and re-connects.
The V1.2 already has an active mini USB port and it can be updated via that port without any jumpers or soldering.
The only tool I used was a miniUSB to my windows 10 PC
Plugging into this port activates the Boot 0 and makes it ready to update.
My 4in1 showed up in my device manager as Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (Com6)
I was able to upload the new firmware with the module out of the TX

I started with the Pascal's Preparation step and followed every step
Install arduino ide, upgrade Java, follow the downloaded the multiprotocol source by clicking on the HERE in step i.........
When I got to the upload step this is whatTools looked like just before UPLOAD.
Name: tools before upload.JPG
Views: 35
Size: 26.6 KB
Description:

Upload finished with a DONE and the RED light on the back of the module was blinking.
Disconnected after eject. Put it in the T-12 and under MULTI XXXX status read V2.1.25

iRANGEx Ver1.3 (not plus)

This unit requires that you solder some leads as it will require a jumper for BOOT 0 as well as 3 connections for Rx, Tx and ground to use a usb programmer.

I will determine if I can update via the transmitter by copying a file to the TX SD card and running an APP with a Mike Blandford special bootloader from er9x. Even though I run Open-TX I will swap between 2 bootloaders with the press of a few buttons.
Last edited by bnrusso; Feb 15, 2019 at 11:03 AM. Reason: continue updates
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply