Mar 15, 2019, 05:53 PM
Is this better in agility mode, than the CPS? Stability mode in the CPS was already great for living room flights. No need for elevation hold. My opinion unless it's superior in agility mode, there will not be reason to replace the CPS with the S2. On the other hand for a noobie, that is just starting and doesn't have a CPS, then it should be a respectable starter.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2019, 05:56 PM
Also curious about, this has a vertical mounted board, just like the cpx. The S2 board, could be an option to make an old cpx more beginner friendly.
Last edited by Jasen40; Mar 15, 2019 at 08:43 PM.
Mar 16, 2019, 08:04 AM
It may be worth trying if the random aileron tick is gone... anyone who has received it... have they upgraded that silly little feathering shaft from the cpx and cps?
Mar 16, 2019, 05:02 PM

Rh

Having some trouble with the dx6i settings listed in the manual. Stunt mode works but no throttle in normal mode. Anyone with similar problems? Or any idea what I'm doing wrong.
Mar 17, 2019, 09:37 AM

Spektrum D6X programming for Nano S2

Iím having trouble programming my D6X for the Nano S2. All seems well until I get to the ďMixingĒ section. Despite my best efforts, I canít seem to find a screen menu with ďGER -> GERĒ. I emailed Horizon over the weekend but havenít heard back from them yet. Part of the problem is no doubt related to my inexperience with programming in general. But Iíve worn out two Nano CPXs and just donít recall similar frustrations with programming the D6X . I think Iíve got it close to where it needs to be, but doubt I am enjoying some of the new features the Nano S2 supposedly brings to the table.

That point aside, Iíve got the little machine flying reliably in my living room. Itís as least as good as the CPX, even with my hit-and-miss programming efforts. Quality seems excellent and Iím sure it will be a awesome if I can just figure out how to program my D6X. Again, Iím not blaming the product, just wish I could figure out how to program my transmitter. Newbies (at programming) like me might consider the RTF version.
Mar 17, 2019, 09:46 AM
I have never held either of those radios in my hands... but I can sure remember similar frustrations with my original 9x... the main issue is learning what changes when you adjust which property... don't be afraid to experiment, if you goof it up badly you can always start over... doesn't HH have downloadable templates on their website?
Mar 17, 2019, 09:48 AM
Heligamist
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrankum
Iím having trouble programming my D6X for the Nano S2. All seems well until I get to the ďMixingĒ section.
In the Mixing menu on the radio select one like P-Mix 1 and set it up per the manual.
Mar 17, 2019, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the advice, Wayne. Not afraid to experiment with programming. Think Iíve been through it maybe 25 times now.

Just doesnít seem to be a whole lot to go on with the programming instructions found in the manual that comes with the Nano S2. Of course, for those already familiar with the programming screens on the DX6, itís probably childís play! Iím sure most of the problem lies with my limited knowledge of the DX6 fuleatures and functions. On my 25th attempt, I managed to blow out previous programming that actually allowed decent flights.

I believe I found the Mixing screen I was searching for. Thanks for the tip. Iím getting closer - I think.

This shall NOT defeat me!!!
Mar 18, 2019, 06:58 AM
tavila71

No Brushless!

What a waist of money this thing is going to be. Put a brushless motor in the thing already. Who wants to fly an underpowered anything these days.
Mar 18, 2019, 07:31 AM
wmr
wmr
Before Gyros
Fired mine up for the first time this morning and no throttle in z mode either. All else seems ok. Setup per the manual on ix12.
Mar 18, 2019, 08:07 AM
I had throttle issues until I redid the mixing. After that it flew really well. I think it has more power than the HH converted ncpx. And it flies better than my old dbl brushless ncpx nanos. More power , too, than my MMW powered ncpx.
It seems to flip a little faster than any previous and I have rates right out of the manual and throws at 100% instead of my usual 125.
It came with two sets of bullet blades. I might try some KDDBs or find some Blade blades without the bullets.

I did not experiment with "Z stability", "Stability" ,or "rescue". I forgot to test that stuff. Maybe I will today...
Mar 18, 2019, 12:00 PM
Still Flying

No Z Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmr
Fired mine up for the first time this morning and no throttle in z mode either. All else seems ok. Setup per the manual on ix12.
Same here on my DX9. It does seem fine on the other modes but I want the Z mode for my grandson. There must be some trick that is not clear in the instructions.
Mar 18, 2019, 01:22 PM

IMPORTANT SAFETY TIP: glue the spindle / F.S.

I am very lucky. A friend arrived with a new 59" motor/sailplane to show off. I showed him my new S2. His big old plank cost $99 too.

I discovered my spindle was about 1.5 mm loose. The spindle nut is almost off. I came home right away to type this.

Glue your nuts. Don't let a blade fly away. Someone could get hurt.
Mar 18, 2019, 01:41 PM
Heligamist
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveapplemotors
Glue your nuts.
I've heard of revengeful girlfriends doing that
Mar 18, 2019, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmr
Just wondering where in the manual on iX12? The Nano manual or the iX12 manual?
I noticed no mention of the iX12 TX in the setup charts in the Nano S2 manual.

Quick Reply