Mar 03, 2019, 11:59 AM
On the shelves here in Germany so probably won't be too long for you guys.

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2019, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiannawolf
I couldn't find out on Horizon's website, is this compatible with the dsm2 only version of the DX7?
The site says this, which I read to mean that it should work. Perhaps some early buyer or a Horizon rep can confirm.

Needed to Complete
Compatible DSMX/DSM2 transmitter

It was my understanding that Horizon intended to support DSM2 for the foreseeable future because its a precursor to DSMX and thus fairly trivial to support. If thats not the case, I may finally be forced to upgrade. I have one of the first JR 11X DSM2 radios they made, and it has worked flawlessly for me. So while Im often tempted to move to the latest, I cant come up with any compelling reason to send it to the scrap heap.
Mar 03, 2019, 05:33 PM
Just had a laugh, looked over the online manual for the S2 and in the Transmitter setups there's not one mention of the iX12. It lists all the DX models but no iX12. Curious.
Mar 03, 2019, 11:04 PM
RC Fan
Thanks for the info, I was kind of nervous when I saw the tx list.
Mar 05, 2019, 06:11 AM
the eagle has landed....
Mar 05, 2019, 07:53 AM
oh dear, the main rotor spun for about ten seconds and then didn't. the tiny tiny brass gear decided to bail out without a chute. and the search was on............. 10 minutes and lots of cussing later it was found and introduced to some retaining compound. consider yourselves informed.
Mar 07, 2019, 07:32 AM
all in the air now, is the a way to adjust the tracking, mine is about 1/8th inch out and i haven't crashed it yet.
Mar 07, 2019, 11:49 PM
Back in the day when the first mCPx came out I used clear Scotch packing tape to balance the blades and that helped with the tracking. These helis usually fly fine without worrying about balancing the blades, but it might be worth it for you to try.
Mar 08, 2019, 12:15 AM
Folding Spacetime
For a while, my nano had terrible tracking, but it flew great! No vibes or anything. Later on, I tried to fix the tracking by replacing a bunch of suspect parts. Head block, feathering shaft, head dampeners, blade grips, bearings, main shaft, and of course new blades. None made any difference.

Then I started looking into the grip links. They all look the same, but they aren't. Even in the same bag, I had to search for a pair that were close in length. Once I found a matching pair of grip links, the tracking became pretty much perfect.
Mar 08, 2019, 02:21 AM
thanks nav2011, I will try swapping one of the arms with one of the 4 spares I got with it.
Mar 08, 2019, 01:14 PM
♘ Heli's Lives Matter ♘
For Blade tracking, try;
1) Checking if the feathering shaft is straight.
2) Tightening the feathering shaft a very small amount to eliminate slop in grips but not bind grips.
3) Balance blades with small amounts of scotch tape on the lighter blade

This should bring blade tracking level, by now there is tons of utube videos on how to do the above in detail.
Mar 09, 2019, 05:04 PM
Any places online to get one in the US
Mar 09, 2019, 05:22 PM
Heligamist
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehelidude
Any places online to get one in the US
My LHS has a couple but they aren't online. Amain still has them listed as pre-order and HH has them out of stock until May. I don't know why they make so few at a time. It must be they want to test the market first. I guess the other option would be to check on EBay.
Mar 13, 2019, 09:37 AM

nano

Mine is on the way. HH just charged my credit card this morning. Maybe Friday it'll come. 6 degree and sunny forecast for that day, too. YAY!
Mar 13, 2019, 01:51 PM
Received my invoice copy this morning from HH, FedEx should deliver on Friday, if I'm lucky.

Quick Reply