Feb 22, 2019, 08:36 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
I believe it uses a barometric pressure sensor. Much cheaper than GPS.
The E-flite X-Vert uses a baro sensor, too. It's not all that great, either, as it gets very wonky at times and does weird crap.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2019, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwick
The E-flite X-Vert uses a baro sensor, too. It's not all that great, either, as it gets very wonky at times and does weird crap.
like the inductrix FPV +
Feb 23, 2019, 11:58 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks
like the inductrix FPV +
Ugh, glad I skipped that one and got a Torrent 110 for indoor FPV.
Feb 23, 2019, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwick
Ugh, glad I skipped that one and got a Torrent 110 for indoor FPV.
its an ok little quad with decent flight times, just that whole altitude hold is a bit naff, it is like flying a DJI phantom with regards to height control. I adjust my ATV's so I only had the 2 other flight modes.
Feb 23, 2019, 03:56 PM
I'm excited to get mine in March, loved the previous models, still have them, and I'm sure I'll love this one
Feb 27, 2019, 04:40 AM
Just Plane Nutts
I've been very happy with my BL-modded Nano X. I even have an extra brushless conversion kit stashed away in case I ever get another. I bought the "X" back in 2012, still flying and maintaining it, and I lost count of how many brushed main motors it ate up over the years before making the switch. The power increase is small, but noticeable, welcomed and helps compensate for slightly greater weight of the added ESC. A new 2.0 connector solved power cut-outs I suffered at first, and gives longer flights too. Longer motor life is the main benefit.

THAT SAID, I wonder who will be the first to find a way to adapt the BL kit to this new "S" bird? I'm a bit reserved about getting one, in fear I may be tempted to use safe mode and degrade my already hard-to-retain CP flying skills. That's the only thing holding me at bay from the 6-axis machines.

But I may make the new-heli plunge anyway if a BL solution is found, so that I won't have to buy motors to throw away far too soon. I deal enough with that money hole keeping my tiny whoops flying.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Feb 27, 2019 at 04:51 AM.
Feb 27, 2019, 11:43 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
The Horizon BL setup (if you can stomach using it) should still be a drop-in replacement on both the CP S and S2. The only difference is the board connection - you'd need to replace the ESC's signal wire connector with the updated motor plug, or else solder the orange wire directly to the associated motor pad on the board.

Granted, I haven't tried it, so no guarantees.
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Feb 27, 2019, 12:16 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
The Horizon BL setup (if you can stomach using it) should still be a drop-in replacement on both the CP S and S2. The only difference is the board connection - you'd need to replace the ESC's signal wire connector with the updated motor plug, or else solder the orange wire directly to the associated motor pad on the board.

Granted, I haven't tried it, so no guarantees.
So, it's not drop-in at all.
Feb 27, 2019, 12:20 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
We might have different definitions of "drop-in"

Regardless, I was responding to a post that asked about adapting the existing BL kit for one of the new models.
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Feb 27, 2019, 12:30 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
We might have different definitions of "drop-in"
You have the different one. "Drop-in" universally means a no modifications required install.
Feb 27, 2019, 12:58 PM
Folding Spacetime
The HH brushless has not been drop-in since the CPX. But it did work in the CPS with the above-mentioned mods. If the S board is essentially the same, then the CPX brushless should work there too.
Feb 28, 2019, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know when they are shipping the Blade nano s2, HH keeps changing the shipping from mid march to early march now it says late march, is this just because of supply and demand or is it getting pushed back for other reasons?
Mar 01, 2019, 03:15 AM
Mine is shipped, I got the tracking info his morning, I'm not in the US though.
Mar 01, 2019, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks
Mine is shipped, I got the tracking info his morning, I'm not in the US though.
You Lucky Dawg, Enjoy
Mar 03, 2019, 06:37 AM
RC Fan
I couldn't find out on Horizon's website, is this compatible with the dsm2 only version of the DX7?

Quick Reply