Feb 14, 2019, 03:41 PM
Heligamist
Thread OP
Discussion

Blade Nano S2

This was just announced. AS3X Stability and Altitude Hold Mode.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...s2-bnf-blh1380
Last edited by BrokeDad; Sep 04, 2021 at 09:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2019, 06:23 PM
Folding Spacetime
Here's a video of the Blade Nano S2 in action:

Blade® Nano S2 RTF & BNF Micro 3D Helicopter (2 min 1 sec)

Looks like all the Nano CPS parts will be compatible, too.
Feb 14, 2019, 08:39 PM
subbed
Feb 14, 2019, 08:46 PM
Suspended Account
Oh boy, yet another micro heli money pit they'll discontinue in 6-12 months.
Feb 14, 2019, 09:36 PM
Interesting. I would have liked to see a 2.0mm power connector though.
Feb 14, 2019, 09:39 PM
Folding Spacetime
I would like to see a brushless motor upgrade for this one, too.
Feb 14, 2019, 10:46 PM
I love my original Nano CPX helis, and a couple still have long lives ahead of them (hopefully). I’m happy to see Horizon continuing to invest in helis, and this one looks like it might be all positive upgrades relative to the past models.
Feb 14, 2019, 11:09 PM
Cool flight control updates...wrong platform. Bring the MCPS BL Pro out...this is what the people want! And make sure it comes with a few key metal bits (grips and swash), a solid boom and at least 2x 300mah packs. Throw in a parallel charging board and get rid of the charger.
Feb 15, 2019, 06:52 AM
I won't buy one without a brushless motor.
Feb 15, 2019, 06:57 AM
Let's Go Mets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpmahoney
I won't buy one without a brushless motor.
My first thought too
Feb 15, 2019, 12:05 PM
Brushless delivers more power, but only with a bigger battery. Then everything gets heavier, more stuff breaks when it crashes, it does more damage to the house, etc. I wanted a brushless Nano at one point, but I have come around to brushed as the ideal solution for an indoor-only heli.
Feb 15, 2019, 12:53 PM
Let's Go Mets!
That also makes sense, CB.

To each their own, etc.
Feb 16, 2019, 09:46 AM
My concern isn't about power or performance, but of longevity. Brushed motor wear out, and on some models, they wear out after only a few hours. Brushless motors pretty much last as long as the model itself. When I buy any type of aircraft, it's not just to fly it for a few months and move on to the next thing. I don't want to have to keep buying motors until one day I find out parts aren't available anymore.
Feb 16, 2019, 09:56 AM
Heligamist
Thread OP
I doubt I'll buy the new one but I do find the CPS my favorite small room heli. Nothing takes hitting walls and furniture like it does even the K110.
Feb 16, 2019, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpmahoney
My concern isn't about power or performance, but of longevity. Brushed motor wear out, and on some models, they wear out after only a few hours. Brushless motors pretty much last as long as the model itself. When I buy any type of aircraft, it's not just to fly it for a few months and move on to the next thing. I don't want to have to keep buying motors until one day I find out parts aren't available anymore.
I'm with you on that one. But I've found that a little light oil before flying and hitting throttle hold before crashing has worked wonders. I've never worn out a motor on any of my Nanos; hundreds of flights on my oldest ones. I realize some have had very bad experiences, so it may be luck of the draw or may be differences in the way we fly.

Quick Reply