This thread is privately moderated by FlyingJFPV, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 11, 2019, 07:57 PM
Trader Rating: 25
Dare to Inspire
Thread OP
$150.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Carbon Z T-28 2m for parts/practice BNF

To start, this plane flies amazing and is in flying condition. It includes a full range AR610 receiver

There are a host of issues that previous owner had with the plane because he crashed it and made questionable repairs. It looks like most of the damage was in the fuselage and cowl. The retracts are not currently operational and parts of the plane are still covered in packaging tape (apparently for protection).

The electronics alone are probably worth this price since it is a giant scale airplane....I would recommend just flying it and see how you enjoy it. As long as you don't mind a plane that isn't pretty. (or just paint it )

Local Pick Up only (Radio/Battery not included)

Videos show extent of damage: mainly bent landing gear on one wing and split fuselage which was repaired and reinforced with wood spars and a couple blocks on the inside.

CZ T-28 1 (0 min 33 sec)

CZ T-28 2 (0 min 22 sec)
Last edited by FlyingJFPV; Feb 12, 2019 at 07:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2019, 05:37 AM
Trader Rating: 52
Right Rudder
PM Sent
Feb 13, 2019, 09:39 AM
Right Rudder
Sent another PM.

Getting Close!
Feb 14, 2019, 03:17 PM
Trader Rating: 39
Man I could make that plane look and fly good in two days. That's an easy fix and paint job.
Feb 15, 2019, 05:23 AM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobowe
Man I could make that plane look and fly good in two days. That's an easy fix and paint job.
Really?

1. The Wing Wells for the Retracts have been filled.
2. The seller has posted over at the Mod Thread indicating that the ALL retracts don't work correctly or at all.
3. Cowling and a few parts need purchasing.
4. Yes, this is a Foam Electric RC Airplane but, unlike the smaller ones, this one tips the scale at 12+ pounds US and a good assessment is needed as far as structure airworthy.

If you want a crack at it then, let me know before I go over there today!

EDIT: Sent you a PM with my contact information so, you can let me know ASAP!
Last edited by PittSpecial; Feb 15, 2019 at 06:27 AM.
Feb 15, 2019, 05:44 AM
Right Rudder
Jay,

I have sent you several TEXT messages at your telephone you supplied me via PM.

Please acknowledge the TEXT on your telephone.

Thanks!
Carlos
Feb 15, 2019, 04:40 PM
Trader Rating: 39
Carlos,

I have repaired much worse. Go to Michael's and get some foam. You can use the foam to fill the areas that need to be filled with it. Carve it into shape and streamline with the rest of the area finally glue it into place with epoxy and milled fiberglass. Cover the joined areas with a thin layer of wood putty. Sand the next day. Repeat that over plane where the breaks and damage occurred.

For the gears take off the struts and slowly bend back in shape. For the Gear actuators
Remove them, take them apart and see if you can salvage one or two of them. If not you have to buy new ones. They are $35 at Graves. You can't save the cowl buy a new one.

Thin CA will be your friend. Clean any plastic pieces and glue them back in. If you need to secure a structural area add carbon fiber and embed into the foam. Secure with thin CA.

On the landing gear assembly I would reinforce with wood there and then use Uhu-Por. That would allow rigidity but also flexibility.

When you paint, I would use the yellow frog tape for delicate surfaces. You can get that at Ace Hardware. I would also paint this by hand. Hope this helps.

Ricky
Last edited by ricardobowe; Feb 15, 2019 at 04:46 PM.

Quick Reply