This thread is privately moderated by Justapoke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 11, 2019, 07:43 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Discussion

Emax TinyHawk antennas / HOT Glue!

So I finaly recieved my TinyHawk, what a nice 1S drone to fly, but boy does that VTX suck!

Had the idea Emax fixed the problem by now, but I guess they don't care charging full for a product that basicly has a huge fault in it's design.

I pulled the board out to re-route the 5.8 antenna ouside the canopy like most have done, but I did not like at all how it was hanging and wiggle around. Looked at some other options and made de hole in the back slightly larger with a dril to route it from under the back of the board / frame up to the outside. (it needs just another 0.5mm more space)

Not that it resolves the VTX problems, but I have the idea it's slightly better.

While I had the camera popped out for the first time yesterday, I spend some more time with it. The other antenna was still in the cannopy close to the camera, so have now placed the 2.4Ghz antenna also out of the canopy, placed under the frame routed to the front. It's held in place with a tiny ammount of hot glue.. hard to see but check the close-up photo's - Think it's a nice clean way of planning the antennas this way, and might help a bit with better reception.

[edit] better view]

-----
Also.. talking about Hot Glue sometimes I hate it, sometimes I love it. For my airplanes I'm a huge fan of UHU Por, but Hot glue does work nice on whoops if you know how to apply in small ammounts.

So a tip: I higly recommend the small Xiaomi / TonFon Gun, works from a rechargable 18650 cell and heats up in 10 to 20 seconds! (and turns itself off when not in use, after 5 or maybe 10 minutes I think)

Super tool that any rc flyer simply must own! It's cheap, but high (well known Xiaomi) quality and makes live way easyer!

With a coupon code I payed around 20 bucks including shipping, luckely there are 2 coupons so ordered a second one for my flight box

Order here:
http://bit.ly/Xiaomi-Tonfon-GlueGun
Coupons:
Coupon 1: 502C6B
Coupon 2: SCREW2

(use coupons during checkout)

Have fun!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply