Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Snowflake6515, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 11, 2019, 04:08 PM
Trader Rating: 6
Michael
Thread OP
$295.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

BumpCharger.com Case w/Bump and PL6

After selling my ProgressiveRC Bump Charger case, I noticed that I still had the earlier BumpCharger.com case that was cannibalized (DPL8) for the ProgressiveRC case. As I had a spare/unused Revolectric PL6 charger, I inserted it inside the case so that an admittedly simple, yet easily expandable, Bump Charger can be configured by inserting a DPL8, or a pair of PL8s, or a DPL6, or add one more PL6. The wiring, as supplied by BumpCharger folks is ready for two chargers and even has a Multiplex connector at the rear for the two additional PL chargers to be controlled by the same case.

Reason for switching from the BumpCharger. com case to the ProgressiveRC case was quite simply size; this case is 22"x14"x6.5" and took up too much space in my compact car when loaded with models. This case works well even with a single PL6 inside; it is simply held in by a Velcro strap.

The lid has two side panels with elastic loops designed to hold balance extenders, adapters, etc. The large rectangular plate between the two end elastic strap boards is designed to hold a tablet to monitor/run the Bump system.

The lower rear photo shows, from left to right, an EC5 connector for DC IN or, depending upon the rear switch, DC OUT. Next is a small Multiplex connector that brings channels 3 and 4 from the Bump Controller in case one wants to add two more PL# chargers (the DC OUT will power the outboard PL# chargers when running on AC power and the switch is set to "Both". To the right is the Marine switch that goes between OFF, AC power, DC power, or BOTH (the DC from the AC PS is fed to the EC5 port.) The PS consists of two 12V supplies electrically isolated and configured in series.

While the case is overkill for the single PL6 included, it makes a great platform to expand with another PL6 or PL8, or the DPL# series.

Michael
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2019, 08:43 AM
Trader Rating: 12
Pm sent for shipping estimate. Thank You
Feb 12, 2019, 09:52 AM
Trader Rating: 6
Michael
Thread OP
Item is in the final stages of completing the sale. Sorry.

Thank you for your interest.

Michael

Quick Reply