Jan 16, 2005, 11:45 AM
DIY user
Question

Sucking/blowing dust, smoke... in your workshop

Hi!

Those of you who like to make noise in the workshop will know that very often you're generating all kinds of dusts and smokes (very often too your family don't like them at all, too)

Some of then are not harmful, but give your workshop a christmas touch (an afternoon sanding balsa blades, for example), and others also are quite dangerous to breathe (composites). Apart from this, when you weld, work with spirits, , etc. there's also smokes which I doubt are any good to the human specimen.

The question is, do you have any machine/method to keep unwanted vapors and dust away? Currently I'm using a small centrifugal fan from a kitchen, with a bag attached, that i move near the are I'm working in that moment, but I'd like to hear from other ideas. I see sucking debris is better (you have less things to clean when you finish ), but simply blowing it away is easier.
What do you guys think?

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2005, 11:50 AM
the-plumber
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCaste
The question is, do you have any machine/method to keep unwanted vapors and dust away? Currently I'm using a small centrifugal fan from a kitchen, with a bag attached, that i move near the are I'm working in that moment, but I'd like to hear from other ideas. I see sucking debris is better (you have less things to clean when you finish ), but simply blowing it away is easier.
Thanks!
The trick is to remove the dust/vapors from the work area, and even better, from the shop itself.

See the photo albums "Large Power Tools" and "Dust Control" on my web site
Jan 16, 2005, 12:17 PM
There's a good book called "Woodsop Dust Control" Do a Google search for it.

Doug