This thread is privately moderated by jwjohnson, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 10, 2019, 06:20 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Thread OP
Discussion

CMP Corsair

I had several questions regarding some old You Tube Videos of my CMP Corsair build. I converted them to electric. I no longer have the details of the power plant. The pictures should show how I did the conversion. It flew ok. Bad tendency to stall and snap. Crashed both of them. The ESM Corsair (also roughly 72" wingspan had much closer to scale outline and measurement and flew better. I also used the optional ESM electric retracts which were great. The CMP versions both had mechanical retracts which worked ok after fiddling a lot. I did convert to an air retract system shortly before destroying the last one. Hopefully the pics help out. If I were doing this over I would go with the ESM model and pop for the electric retracts.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2019, 11:09 AM
Great info Jeff. Thanks a lot!!!

Nice hedge solution you made!
I will study on it and maybe I sell mine and buy an ESM.
I didn't start with the CMPRO-version yet!
Still a lot of thoughts about the retracts(pneumatic / electric?) and I'm trying to find a way to make my wings be able to fold...

Did you use 8S or 10S batteries?

Ron.
Feb 11, 2019, 11:22 AM
PS. By the way, where did you made the opening in the canopy with?
And what glue you used? (Epoxy?)

Quick Reply