Thread OP
Discussion

Helium Shortage

Helium Shortage Affects Local Balloon Makers
see: https://wnep.com/2018/11/27/helium-s...alloon-makers/
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2019, 01:50 AM
Go small or go home
I ran into a storage problem this summer when I went to get my tank refilled. The supplier had already sent out letters explaining the cost was going to increase as they scrambled to secure sources. When my tank emptied I expected to pay more for a refill, but instead they had none to sell. The supplier made a big point about the helium shortage and how no one could get helium. There was nothing they could do and I was out of luck.

I switched to a different gas supplier that same day. The new supplier is unconcerned about a helium shortage, and my tank rental and helium costs are lower now as well.
Feb 11, 2019, 09:35 AM

helium shortage

A couple year ago we built a 71 ft long inflatable that required 50 of the large "T" tanks of helium. Our supplier had no problem delivering the helium to a dozen locations from coast to coast.

Dan Speers
Mobile Airships

Quick Reply