Apr 09, 2019, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
Receieved package back today,Thankyou.
However i note that the dead parkflyer reciever has been returned unrepaired.It is still "Dead".
I also notice you updated your end of life warranty post for 8 and 10 channel receivers to include the park flyer reciever after you recieved my park flyer reciever for repair.You also stated the park flyer reciever was working fine which obviously was a fabrication on your part as the Dead reciever i sent back is still Dead which no doubt you knew but chose to decieve and say it was working,even with a story of it connecting fine with you personal transmitter!.What a waste of money,time and trust in you to do the right thing.
You did however surprisingly tell the truth with regard to updating the 10 channel to v3.9 firmware.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2019, 09:02 PM
"""Nothing was required for the park flyer receiver. It worked fine. I powered it up and bound it to one of my transmitters and moved servos. Remember that the polarity (marked on the side of the receiver) is backwards from most receivers in that ground is on the top side."""

Did you check the polarity
Jim said it is BACKWARDS then most of the receivers

Mike
Apr 09, 2019, 09:05 PM
The parkflyer is NOT dead. As I stated, I plugged it into a battery and bound it to my own personal radio and was able to connect a servo and move it just fine. It works perfectly! Please check the polarity of your power connection. Look at the side of the receiver, it shows the polarity. The negative lead will be on the TOP side of the receiver, not the bottom like all other XPS receivers.

Yes, I updated the end of life cycle notice to include the park flyer as that was mistakenly left out originally. The park flyer end of life cycle was actually about a year after the original Nano was released.
Apr 09, 2019, 09:06 PM
Thread OP
Powered up correctly as photo proves.No light,no connection with Xdp when going through the motion to connect in programming mode.
Apr 09, 2019, 09:16 PM
Thread OP
A closer pic to show polarity and clear section at end with no light.
Apr 09, 2019, 09:23 PM
Plug power into any of the servo ports and see if it works.
Apr 09, 2019, 09:29 PM
Thread OP
Tried every port correct polarity with the same result.ie No light-no reciever function.
Apr 10, 2019, 12:43 AM
I am not sure why you are having an issue with it. It worked fine here. We have a box of park flyer receivers here that are brand new. When the Nano was released, these were discontinued and never sold again because their range is so short (they are a true park flyer receiver).

We will send you a new park flyer receiver.
Apr 10, 2019, 09:42 PM
Thread OP
Thankyou for the replacement receiver.I don't know how you tested a dead reciever as working,unless you tested a working reciever in mistake as being mine.As i was with absolutely no doubt it was dead,and still say that it is absolutely dead.I might just open it up and take pics.I know it stinks,was releasing smoke and glowing and burning inside.
If you had found it was dead and this unit of mine is without doubt, "dead" And had put the complete list of your products no longer supported prior to my return of the park flyer reciever,i would of happily paid for a nano to be returned with the 10 channel sent for firmware upgrade along with the dead parkflyer.
Apr 10, 2019, 11:30 PM
Pull the case off of that receiver. You will not see anything visibly damaged. I certainly didn't. In fact, I was a little perturbed that I cut the double-sided foam tape off before testing the receiver because it takes quite a bit of work to clean the PCB and the inside of the case prior to using new tape. The receiver worked fine when I tested it.

I had to get a park flyer receiver out of our storage facility (located 2 miles away) to send to you, so there is absolutely no chance of mixing up a receiver. I don't keep discontinued products readily available to avoid mixing up products.
Apr 22, 2019, 07:50 AM
Thread OP
Peeled the sticker from case,removed folded plastic case and found burnt tracks on circuit board at connectors top and bottom of board.You can see the resin has blistered over the burnt tracks.Cant see much further due to the sandwich of both boards.
Apr 22, 2019, 10:15 AM
That's not burnt. That is solder flux. We use a "no clean" type of lead-free solder that leaves that residue as a protective layer. If you don't like it, you can clean it with solder flux remover.
Apr 24, 2019, 08:41 PM
Thread OP
Nope,its bubbled resin over the circuit tracks as a result of circuit tracks glowing and burning.Why,if it were flux would i bother to remove it from a dead receiver.Its destined for the bin.Besides,did you not say you cleaned the receiver?
Replacement receiver arrived with v3.7 firmware and flashed to latest v3.8.Thankyou.
Apr 25, 2019, 01:56 PM
There is no such thing as "resin" to bubble. We don't clean solder flux residue on purpose. It protects the solder joints from corrosion. We have customer who use these products in harsh environments (like boats in salt water).
Apr 28, 2019, 08:59 AM
Thread OP
I'm not talking about solder joints and excessive flux.I'm talking about embedded copper pc traces that have blistered the resin/glass composite from glowing red when battery was incorrectly connected as previously mentioned..Thats just what i can see.Probably dead components as well.Anyways,the dead receiver was replaced

Quick Reply