Mar 20, 2019, 08:39 PM
We don't have "new" receivers. As I noted, the warranty period/life cycle of the 8/10 channel receivers expired last year.

I am going to replace the receiver with one we have here. We have several that have been sitting in aircraft for years on a shelf. I can just swap the receivers as I have every confidence to fly this receiver in one of my own aircraft.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2019, 06:39 AM
Thread OP
Okay,fair enough,thankyou.Will it be a flashable reciever same as the one returned ?
Mar 21, 2019, 12:18 PM
It won't matter as this product has been discontinued so there will not be any new firmware updates made for it. ALL receivers can have their settings changed, with or without a flashable CPU.
Mar 21, 2019, 08:11 PM
Thread OP
End pin Nanos arrived today,Thankyou.
Mar 21, 2019, 08:22 PM
Thread OP
The replacement will have the latest firmware flashed?,wont matter if it is flashable,i can do it here.
And, If you are 100% sure there is no problem in my original as i found there to be.You might as well send that one back.The journey obviously fixed it!.
Mar 21, 2019, 09:28 PM
I already swapped it out with one out of an aircraft we have here, which has the latest firmware.
Mar 25, 2019, 04:52 AM
Thread OP
Okay,thanks.
Apr 03, 2019, 06:48 AM
Thread OP
When did you send it back.Havn't recieved as yet.
Apr 03, 2019, 11:08 AM
Last week. It typically takes two weeks for packages to get to Australia.
Apr 03, 2019, 09:51 PM
We got your 10 channel receiver and park flyer receiver in today. Your 10 channel receiver was upgraded. Nothing was required for the park flyer receiver. It worked fine. I powered it up and bound it to one of my transmitters and moved servos. Remember that the polarity (marked on the side of the receiver) is backwards from most receivers in that ground is on the top side.

These were shipped back to you today.
Apr 03, 2019, 10:15 PM
Thread OP
8 channel receiver received today.Thankyou.
I notice you changed over the guts of a non flashable cpu v3.9 receiver into my original case.Tested and working fine.It shows a much higher battery voltage via xdp than the receiver i returned.Given also that the eneloop pack hasn't been charged since prior to the receivers return to you for replacement.
Surprised on your finding of the park flyer receiver as it was dead and had released the magic smoke as it was burning/glowing inside and stunk of burnt electronics.
Apr 04, 2019, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 01
Surprised on your finding of the park flyer receiver as it was dead and had released the magic smoke as it was burning/glowing inside and stunk of burnt electronics.
That long trip across the ocean must have magically repaired it !!!!
Apr 04, 2019, 12:11 PM
I pulled the case off the park flyer receiver and I didn't see anything burned. When I first plugged it in, I had the power inverted so it didn't power up and then I remembered that the connectors are upside down from everything else we produced. I swapped the polarity and it powered up,
Apr 04, 2019, 11:00 PM
Thread OP
H'mm,strange.You didnt notice the burnt smell?
The circuit tracks were glowing/burning near connector,couldnt see further in due to label coverage and smoke was coming out and the receiver was completely dead after it.It wouldnt function at all with correct polarity.I accidentally connected the battery to the pins missing a pin so power through the signal pin.I can assure you it wasnt intentional and without doubt completely dead.Wouldn't even light up.
Apr 05, 2019, 02:11 AM
There is a lot of solder flux remover and acetone smell in the shop, so I didn't notice anything if there was an odor. It powered up, I was able to bind to my personal transmitter and move servos.

Keep in mind that these receivers can not be repaired anymore. Their end of life came last year along with the 8 and 10 channel receivers. We don't have any more parts to repair/replace these.

Quick Reply