Feb 13, 2019, 07:52 PM
Thread OP
Will have to check it.
Hasn't been used since received back from firmware upgrade and taken out of storage.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2019, 10:25 PM
Thread OP
Ok,got a chance to check the receiver in question.
Took a few attempts to bind.
Range test seems ok.
Although on my own,i could see it was performing ok with tx module button depressed unless i turned my body between receiver and Tx.Release button and smooth control regained out to about 80 feet.I did not have sufficient room to walk out to 125 feet.
Last edited by Craig 01; Feb 20, 2019 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Added range test distance tested.
Feb 19, 2019, 12:15 AM
Well, that sounds like the range is fine then. It's pretty obvious when there is a range issue.
Feb 19, 2019, 06:56 AM
Thread OP
So how to fix not being able to access the receiver via Xpd?
Feb 19, 2019, 07:11 PM
I have no idea. We sold tens of thousands of those receivers, and the only time that occurred was when the receiver was too close to the XDP unit (most common), too close to a 2.4GHz router, a microwave oven was running (yes, that really will cause an issue), or the transmitter was on.
Feb 20, 2019, 03:16 PM
Thread OP
As its the only receiver that does it,and you have no idea how to correct it and it didn't do it prior to being returned to you for firmware update.I guess i'll sell it and make it someone elses problem.
Feb 20, 2019, 07:49 PM
It didn't do it here either before it was returned to you. Part of the update process is using the XDP to check the EEPROM and update it if necessary.
Feb 20, 2019, 09:47 PM
Thread OP
Interesting is how it connects just fine to xdp with reversed polarity.
Makes me think it was flashed reverse polarity.
I also note that when placing this receiver in programming mode with correct polarity there is no brief pause before lighting orange.It lights immediately.
However,when receiver connected reverse polarity,there is a brief pause before lighting orange as the instructions state the led should do when entering program mode!
You stated yourself earlier it should not connect to Xdp reverse polarity and yet it does,repetitively without fail!

Downloaded firmware updater V5.9,same problem as above.
Does not see receiver correct polarity although as expected it does reverse polarity.
I did not flash the receiver in the reverse polarity condition.
Currently still at V3.8 as supplied from you after firmware upgrade.
Last edited by Craig 01; Feb 20, 2019 at 11:20 PM.
Feb 20, 2019, 11:32 PM
The LED should be instantly ON (orange) when you apply power with the programming button down. There is NO delay. Are you plugging power into the 'B' port or into an empty servo port?
Feb 21, 2019, 01:05 AM
Thread OP
Power is connected to the correct port.
The B/T port as stated previously!
Interesting you have no idea how to correct a problem that shouldn't exist,considering it is your design.
What do you suggest i do with this particular malfunctioning receiver ?
And,would you like me to film a video proving what i say?
Last edited by Craig 01; Feb 21, 2019 at 04:18 AM.
Feb 21, 2019, 04:37 PM
Try plugging the power into a SERVO port, not the B/T port. Technically, you are suppose to be providing power to any servo port (and not the B/T port) when using the XDP. This is also the case with the Nano receivers.

We can replace the receiver. We do have a couple of them left. I know that it connected to our XDP here without any issues. Since you have had a problem with the XDP software, I wonder if that is possibly related.
Feb 24, 2019, 12:34 AM
Thread OP
Tried connecting to servo ports instead of B/T port in prog mode with the same result Xdp unable to see the receiver.
All my other receivers connect fine.
Yes,Xdp problem fixed with the file you provided to replace original installed in x86 program files.
All my other receivers work fine on Xdp after that.It is when i opened this receiver as i was going through them all that i found it wouldn't connect as previously discussed.
More than happy to send this one back for exchange as offered.
Just let me know where and what you need and written to refresh you that it's the one we've been discussing and trying to sort.
Last edited by Craig 01; Feb 27, 2019 at 11:21 AM.
Feb 28, 2019, 05:48 AM
Thread OP
Bump,
Hello there,can you get back to me please Jim?
Mar 01, 2019, 06:36 AM
Thread OP
Okay,as mentioned previously if i charge the battery,4.8v eneloop and connect correct proper polarity straight off the charger and as you stated any port other than the b/t port,
Xdp and updater see the receiver.
When running the firmware updater V5.8 it see's the receiver.
If i try to flash it states write failed!
Hope that gives more info for you to diagnose the problem!
Mar 01, 2019, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 01
Okay,as mentioned previously if i charge the battery,4.8v eneloop and connect correct proper polarity straight off the charger and as you stated any port other than the b/t port,
Xdp and updater see the receiver.
When running the firmware updater V5.8 it see's the receiver.
If i try to flash it states write failed!
Hope that gives more info for you to diagnose the problem!
When the receiver is connected, does the info provided about the receiver say that it is flashable ???

Quick Reply