Feb 08, 2019, 02:44 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Need help for catapult glider trimming

My son(and others at the Rolling Hills middle school in El Dorado Hills) are building catapult gliders for the science olympiad. We knew nothing prior to this, spent over hundred of hours building and testing about 20 balsa gliders(from scratch) so far. Although most of them have inconsistent flying patterns, but there're few that can glide in circle. I think we managed the very basic of the building part, however trimming is another story. I'm looking to see if there're volunteers who are willing to spend an hour or two to show us on how to trim the gliders. Not sure what we can provide in a return of his time, but I can custom 3D print a dual axis inclinometer(with your name of course) for the glider launch if that volunteer is interested.
Last edited by yujungchang; Feb 09, 2019 at 11:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply