Flyzone - Eluna 1.5m PNP

The Flyzone Eluna 1.5m motor glider combines soaring capabilities and 4-channel sport flying fun into one versatile design! Now with a FREE AR410 Receiver!

Splash

Eluna 1.5m w/Free Spektrum AR410 4

From Horizon

The Eluna has the ability to soar and catch thermals, or you can use its factory-installed electric power system to launch without the need for a Hi-Start while utilizing 4-channel control to sport fly and even perform aerobatics. Its efficient design delivers long flight times, with or without power, when using an economical 3S 12501350mAh LiPo battery. The folding propeller and fuselage-mounted wheel make it possible to land on a variety of surfaces, including paved runways and grass, after an easy hand launch and a flight full of soaring plus sport flying fun.

Features

• Soaring and sport flying capabilities in a single model
  • Efficient brushless power system with 20A ESC, outrunner motor and folding prop
  • Full four-channel control with factory-installed servos
  • Lightweight and durable EPO construction
  • Bolt-on, two-piece wing with composite joiner
  • Snap-on canopy hatch offers easy battery compartment access
  • No glue required for assembly
  • FREE Spektrum AR410 4-channel receiver included (shipped separately)

Learn More

For pricing and more information head over to Horizon Hobby!

Feb 08, 2019, 08:41 PM
who has rabbit ears down
I have myne traveling ( through the snow) now! I figured it would be better for me to learn ailerons than the R Pro, as the flaps were sometimes getting into my "thinkery" for flying smoothly!
Latest blog entry: My "Kubiak" Collection
Feb 08, 2019, 11:22 PM
Great price but boy this thing is ugly............... imo.
but if she handles like advertised then id still buy one.
Feb 09, 2019, 05:41 AM

Known for years..

This plane flies already for years at least throughout Europe,

known for example as One Team ALPHA 1500 or Thunder Tiger Explorer 1500.
Last edited by ConEx; Feb 09, 2019 at 05:44 AM. Reason: TT Explorer 1500 added
Feb 09, 2019, 09:30 AM
Looks like they took out all the dihedral. Should support the claims of both good soaring and aerobatic capabilities. Since they modefied the wing there might also be other geomtry changes to improve performance. Eluna is 3S don't know about the predecessors.
Feb 09, 2019, 09:59 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConEx
This plane flies already for years at least throughout Europe,

known for example as One Team ALPHA 1500 or Thunder Tiger Explorer 1500.
Don't know about the TTE 1500 but it looks nothing like the TTE 1500 Pro. The TTE Pro version is the only version I am aware of.

https://www.graupnerusa.com/Explorer...-4385-F00.html
Feb 09, 2019, 10:01 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by k88kramer
Looks like they took out all the dihedral. Should support the claims of both good soaring and aerobatic capabilities. Since they modefied the wing there might also be other geomtry changes to improve performance. Eluna is 3S don't know about the predecessors.
I think that dihedral left in would have made for a better soaring plane and much easier to handle. Wing and body looks better for slope and aerobatics; a 1.5 meters it looks like a lot of wing loading to me.
Feb 10, 2019, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabbi
Don't know about the TTE 1500 but it looks nothing like the TTE 1500 Pro. The TTE Pro version is the only version I am aware of.

https://www.graupnerusa.com/Explorer...-4385-F00.html
I pointed to the Explorer 1500, not to the newer 1500 Pro (which is also not brand new)

http://stock.thundertiger.com/product/4367-F00.html

Yoda would have known the difference. Before writing a post i do, inform me i should..
Feb 10, 2019, 08:54 AM
Closed Account
Yoda brain foggy it is, but length of fuselage, same not.

TTE is 800 mm

Eluna is 920 mm

Also difference found in wing area and weight.

Feb 10, 2019, 09:14 AM
Closed Account
There are other noticeable differences as well in assembly and servo wire routing. Maybe made by the same company and looks similar but certainly not the same plane.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/FLZA3075-Manual-EN.pdf

http://mms.tiger.tw/upload/upload_fi...7manJE7060.pdf

The Eluna appears to be the better thought out plane of the two. I would buy the Eluna before I bought the TTE.
Feb 10, 2019, 09:26 AM
Closed Account
The plane is intended by Horizon to be a 4 channel plane ( hence the free AR410 receiver ). What I do not see in the manual is the inclusion of a 'Y' cable to use for the ailerons.

Most of us have our own receivers and cables but someone new likely does not. Not a biggie but be aware you may need a 'Y' cable.
Feb 10, 2019, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabbi
The plane is intended by Horizon to be a 4 channel plane ( hence the free AR410 receiver ). What I do not see in the manual is the inclusion of a 'Y' cable to use for the ailerons.

Most of us have our own receivers and cables but someone new likely does not. Not a biggie but be aware you may need a 'Y' cable.
No Y cable needed.
Feb 10, 2019, 11:42 AM
Closed Account
Depends. If using the AR610 as recommend in the manual then no, a 'Y' is not needed. However, if using the free AR410 that is available with the current offer then a 'Y' would be needed.

My use of the word 'intended' was not a better choice for certain as the intended receiver per the manual is the AR610. As the promo package is being offered with the AR410 I will stetch a bit and say this package is intended to use the AR410.

I have plenty of Spektrum receivers so I am good; simply wanting to point out to others that a 'Y' will be needed if using the AR410.
Feb 10, 2019, 11:47 AM
And my intent was to simply answer your question that no purchase of a Y is necessary as one is included and installed.
Feb 10, 2019, 11:50 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers
And my intent was to simply answer your question that no purchase of a Y is necessary as one is included and installed.
Your day to be difficult? Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Maybe you could have mentioned that previously?

Welcome to ignore list.

Hope your day is crappy!! Seriously I really do.

Quick Reply