Feb 09, 2019, 01:34 PM
It says on the product page "With a simple firmware update using the USB Programmer cable (BLH7840), you can convert your Inductrix Switch hovercraft into a Switch Air."

I'd like to know if the flashing of the ESC via USB is a one-time thing to add the Wing programming to the Quad and Switch (hovercraft) programming or does that code replace one of them? I would like all three modes (quad, hover, wing) readily available without re-hooking up to USB every time to change between them.

If the ESC reprogramming is confirmed to be just a one-time thing to add the wing mode, then I'll pick up an Inductrix Switch now and plan to add the Air wing as an add-on part when it's available.
Last edited by Markran; Feb 09, 2019 at 04:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2019, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the conversion info. I can wait to buy the wing and convert mine!
Feb 09, 2019, 09:53 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Cool looking product. Can't wait for reports of gliding and time on diff battery sizes.
Feb 10, 2019, 02:24 AM
Mark Harrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
I fly my Night Vapor outdoors at night when the winds are calm. Every night? Of course, not. Quite a few calm nights down here during the muggy summer, when a hurricane isn't approaching.
I do the same... it's great at the local football field. And so easy to orient, just put it in a slow turn until you see three white lights.
Feb 10, 2019, 10:27 AM
Quote:
I've found most of my UMX's to be relatively durable, what with the low mass and foam. Heck, I still have the ParkZone Cessna 210 in my fleet, in flying condition.

Attachment 11667033

Of course, the real secret is just don't crash.
They're certainly not survive a crash into a wall durable as they show in this video, you can see the nose crumple over. I just found it funny they try and say how strong it is and then show it getting damaged hitting the wall. They should put a strip of tape over the leading edge then repeat the same test.
Feb 10, 2019, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markran
It says on the product page "With a simple firmware update using the USB Programmer cable (BLH7840), you can convert your Inductrix Switch hovercraft into a Switch Air."

I'd like to know if the flashing of the ESC via USB is a one-time thing to add the Wing programming to the Quad and Switch (hovercraft) programming or does that code replace one of them? I would like all three modes (quad, hover, wing) readily available without re-hooking up to USB every time to change between them.

If the ESC reprogramming is confirmed to be just a one-time thing to add the wing mode, then I'll pick up an Inductrix Switch now and plan to add the Air wing as an add-on part when it's available.
From the manual there are four modes in the "Switch Air" and the update add the air mode.

LED color | Mode
Solid white: Air mode
Solid blue: Multirotor mode
Solid green: Hovercraft mode (1 stick)
Solid amber: Hovercraft mode (2 stick)
Feb 10, 2019, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFM
Looks very cool!
But do the wings really help flight
or are they only decorative?
Would be interesting to compare the winged and
wingless flight duration.
After watching the video again, I think this is basically a drone with wing stabilization. What I mean by this is that most of the lift comes from the drone propellers, and what the wing really does is act like tail feathers, smoothing out forward flight and turns.

Still want one , tho.
Feb 10, 2019, 01:09 PM
I've got some really thin foam, wonder if I can make a sorta scale profile Harrier?
Feb 10, 2019, 01:51 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
The cool part is you can fly it with the wing, or w/o the wing as a reg quad. or you can do it as the lil regular switch thing.. if you have the base for it.
but im with most of you, I really wish they had made it based off the new brushless tiny whoop so the motor and flight life be better.
Feb 11, 2019, 09:26 AM

@Horizon: Can we get a 3-in-1?

Who else would wishes there was a single package which has the wing and hover gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by microheli
From the manual there are four modes in the "Switch Air" and the update add the air mode.

LED color | Mode
Solid white: Air mode
Solid blue: Multirotor mode
Solid green: Hovercraft mode (1 stick)
Solid amber: Hovercraft mode (2 stick)

Thanks for the info @microheli!
Feb 11, 2019, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markran

you only need t reprogram/update once, but considering its a ~$20 cable and a $20 wing, unless you already have the cable, it makes more sense to me just buy the new one, and leave the whoov alone.
Feb 11, 2019, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar
I do the same... it's great at the local football field. And so easy to orient, just put it in a slow turn until you see three white lights.
This should make a nice little companion for the Night Vapor on a calm night. It should get quite a bit of lift from that much wing with any kind of forward motion from the two rear quad fans. Looks like fun!
Feb 11, 2019, 11:11 AM
FPV'r
Quote:
This should make a nice little companion for the Night Vapor on a calm night. It should get quite a bit of lift from that much wing with any kind of forward motion from the two rear quad fans. Looks like fun!
better wait for the non HH review
Feb 11, 2019, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1
better wait for the non HH review
Ha! You'd think it was the price of an SL 550. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
Feb 12, 2019, 10:51 AM
Parkstormer!
It does look interesting for flying in low light and around our cul-de-sac; I've worn out a vapor and night vapor and have been looking for a replacement/something new . . . Lot's of fun, especially summer evenings after work.

Quick Reply