Feb 08, 2019, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
Control is by thrust differential, so you'll lose control if you cut power completely. Looks pretty cool to me tho, I'm wondering if you can get it without decals? A Horten 229 scheme would look way cool.
I bet a replacement airframe could be modified to be full control.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2019, 08:55 PM
The Mad Titan
How do the lights on the wings get their power? Is the Inductrix hard wired in somehow?
Feb 08, 2019, 10:17 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
I bet a replacement airframe could be modified to be full control.
an inductrix struggles to fly itself let alone the extra weight of winglets and then add extra weight of control surfaces.
I do not see how this can work. By the time you do the vtol the lipo is dead or at LVC.
Feb 08, 2019, 11:45 PM
XFM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Looks very cool!
But do the wings really help flight
or are they only decorative?
Would be interesting to compare the winged and
wingless flight duration.
Feb 08, 2019, 11:53 PM
Kind of misleading to call it tough and durable and then watch the nose bend when they crash it into a foam pad at probably half speed. Don't get me wrong I love and own plenty of umx planes but, I've destroyed almost as many with just one crash. They fly great but, I wouldn't use the term tough or durable to describe them maybe delicate and fragile.
Feb 09, 2019, 12:57 AM
If I already have the Switch, can I just buy the $20 wing and make it work?
Feb 09, 2019, 02:53 AM
This is very cool...I saw it and got really excited as I have the Inductrix FPV+, and thought this was a kit to buy and convert the existing quad into the VTOL plane. Oh well.

For the price though BNF it seems like a good deal. I wonder how fast it goes outside??

Also wonder if a bigger battery would be better/would even fit? The FPV+ uses a 500mah 1s and gets nearly 5 mins of flightime if you don't fly like a madman.

I also wonder if this will ever catch on and someone will make a kit to convert the popular 1s/2s tiny whoops into a VTOL plane like this. Now that would be crazy fast and fun
Feb 09, 2019, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge
If I already have the Switch, can I just buy the $20 wing and make it work?
"With a simple firmware update using the USB Programmer cable (BLH7840), you can convert your Inductrix Switch hovercraft into a Switch Air." Taken from the product page.
Feb 09, 2019, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrre
"With a simple firmware update using the USB Programmer cable (BLH7840), you can convert your Inductrix Switch hovercraft into a Switch Air." Taken from the product page.
What impact does this have to the Hoovercraft operations and the use of the Hoovercraft transmitter? Does this allow one to "switch" between Air and Hoovercraft? How does that work?
Feb 09, 2019, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microwhoop
Kind of misleading to call it tough and durable and then watch the nose bend when they crash it into a foam pad at probably half speed. Don't get me wrong I love and own plenty of umx planes but, I've destroyed almost as many with just one crash. They fly great but, I wouldn't use the term tough or durable to describe them maybe delicate and fragile.
I've found most of my UMX's to be relatively durable, what with the low mass and foam. Heck, I still have the ParkZone Cessna 210 in my fleet, in flying condition.

Name: PKZ3010_a0 (1).jpeg
Views: 22
Size: 15.2 KB
Description:

Of course, the real secret is just don't crash.
Feb 09, 2019, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo
Control is by thrust differential, so you'll lose control if you cut power completely. Looks pretty cool to me tho, I'm wondering if you can get it without decals? A Horten 229 scheme would look way cool.
If the decals are like the ones on my other UMXs, they'll come off by chilling them down with an ice cube and carefully peeling them off.

I easily redid my F-27 and Delta Ray One. On this one, you'd have to be very judicious with any paint.

Name: DSCF1030.JPG
Views: 53
Size: 2.05 MB
Description:
Feb 09, 2019, 10:25 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
I like the blacked-out F-27. Reminds of me of the old Air Hogs micros, but probably has just a hair better performance
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Feb 09, 2019, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
I like the blacked-out F-27. Reminds of me of the old Air Hogs micros, but probably has just a hair better performance
Thanks! It looks great in the air. Kind of like a Russian Berkut, only with the wings pointed in the right direction. I kept the stock blue decals on the bottom and just Krylon'd the top.

It's a blast to fly and full thrust, low flybys blow my mind with the 3S. A 3.2 ounce blur of foam. Love Babbelbatts 3S 240s with it.

Get'em while they're still on sale!

https://www.horizonhobby.com/storefr...-micro-sale--1
Feb 09, 2019, 11:38 AM
IMO INDOORS ONLY!!! Will not,,, work in Wind!
Here in Texas ,, when we have 10MPH wind ,, we say,, (( HEY LOOK NO,,,, WIND TODAY!!!LOL ))
Feb 09, 2019, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
IMO INDOORS ONLY!!! Will not,,, work in Wind!
Here in Texas ,, when we have 10MPH wind ,, we say,, (( HEY LOOK NO,,,, WIND TODAY!!!LOL ))
I fly my Night Vapor outdoors at night when the winds are calm. Every night? Of course, not. Quite a few calm nights down here during the muggy summer, when a hurricane isn't approaching.

Quick Reply