Inductrix Switch Air BNF (BLH8380)

Horizon Hobby has yet another super cool thing we all must buy! The Blade Inductrix Switch Air expands on the Inductrix Switch's versatility, going from quadcopter to flying wing literally in a snap.

Splash

The Blade® Inductrix Switch Air

The Inductrix Switch Air is the second member of the Inductrix Switch family. It is two models in one, transforming from a micro drone (Quad Mode) into a flying wing (Wing Mode) in seconds using simple stick commands. No tools or wiring changes are required.

Blade® Inductrix® Switch Air RTF and Bind-N-Fly® Basic (2 min 32 sec)

The Inductrix Switch Air is perfectly suited for flying indoors in tight areas. No "runway" space is needed. Thanks to its VTOL (Vertical Takeoff and Landing) capabilities, you simply rise to a hover, then push the sticks forward and start flying. When you're ready to land, slow and descend like you would with a drone. The Inductrix Switch Air can also be flown outdoors in very light winds.

In both Wing and Quad modes, SAFE stabilizing technology provides self-leveling flight to give all pilots confidence at the controls. Limited pitch and bank angles prevent over-control.

The modular design of the Blade Inductrix Switch Air is also compatible with that of the Inductrix Switch hovercraft. Add a few optional parts and your Inductrix Switch Air can become a hovercraft, too. Enjoy a third mode of RC action without buying another complete model! What’s more, with a simple firmware update using the USB Programmer cable (BLH7840), you can convert your Inductrix Switch hovercraft into a Switch Air.

Key Features

• Available in Ready-to-Fly and Bind-N-Fly® Basic versions
  • Easy to fly indoors
  • Durable foam wing design easily survives bumps and crashes
  • Converts between Quad and Wing Modes in seconds with stick commands
  • Programmable LED lights

Photos

Learn More

Head over to Horzon Hobby for more info and pricing!

Feb 08, 2019, 11:07 AM
RCG Admin
So cool!
Feb 08, 2019, 11:19 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Where's the best place to mount the razor blades?
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Feb 08, 2019, 11:20 AM
Agreed. Looks like fun!
Feb 08, 2019, 11:32 AM
For those that already own the hovercraft, is purchase of just the wing an option?
Feb 08, 2019, 01:10 PM
And put one of these on it!

https://www.getfpv.com/lumenier-supe...SABEgIPEfD_BwE

FUN!
Feb 08, 2019, 01:30 PM
Radioactive Flier
I would buy one but I'm guessing it will be crap just like their other cheap stuff. I've wasted too much $$$ on quads that advertise 5 minute flight times that have to be modified or use crazy batteries to get 3 minutes. And don't even get me started on the UMX Vapor Lite. Should have read some reviews before wasting my $40 on that crap.
Feb 08, 2019, 03:49 PM
Go Sabres!
Why? I know...why not.
Feb 08, 2019, 04:04 PM
Looks fun except for no flight control surfaces. Shame...... almost perfect.
Feb 08, 2019, 04:16 PM
Looks like allot of Fun! I got my order in at HH!
Feb 08, 2019, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
Looks fun except for no flight control surfaces. Shame...... almost perfect.
Doesn't look like you really need any, with the four quad fans. It would also add some weight and cost to a very light setup so it's probably a tradeoff that wasn't worth it.
Feb 08, 2019, 05:44 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylon
I would buy one but I'm guessing it will be crap just like their other cheap stuff. I've wasted too much $$$ on quads that advertise 5 minute flight times that have to be modified or use crazy batteries to get 3 minutes. And don't even get me started on the UMX Vapor Lite. Should have read some reviews before wasting my $40 on that crap.
I'm with you, but I wouldn't put it quite as harshly, LOL. When I think about all of the $40-$50 things I've picked up, only to use them two or three times and then think "eh, it's okay I guess...." I just avoid them entirely and pick up that one $200 plane or car instead at this point.

As for this particular offering, I wonder if the wings allow it to stay up longer due to lift, or just adds weight and kills the battery even faster?
Feb 08, 2019, 07:07 PM
I’ll bet it drops like a stone if you cut power. My guess is glide is non existent.
Feb 08, 2019, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
I’ll bet it drops like a stone if you cut power. My guess is glide is non existent.
Control is by thrust differential, so you'll lose control if you cut power completely. Looks pretty cool to me tho, I'm wondering if you can get it without decals? A Horten 229 scheme would look way cool.
Feb 08, 2019, 08:16 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylon
+1
I would like to see a none HH employee review it first..
Why does it not use the 1S LiPos with the higher current connector(JST-PHR-2)(MCPX type) ?
Have they learned nothing from the Inductrix..

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...=TAT02201S45P5

Quick Reply