Feb 08, 2019, 09:09 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
Thread OP
Alert

Aircraft World LiPo batteries.

Numerous single cell and 2 cell packs at some great prices. Some downright cheap. Also 2 cell packs with UMX connectors for the bigger Horizon indoor ARFs.

https://www.aircraft-world.com/aw/ch...s/single-cells
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2019, 11:06 AM
OK.. so how does one ship them ?
Lipos are V Expensive to ship overseas and across borders.
Feb 08, 2019, 09:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
OK.. so how does one ship them ?
Lipos are V Expensive to ship overseas and across borders.
Even "free" shipping isn't free. Someone is paying for it. What's your point? Or are you just wanting to be argumentative?
Feb 09, 2019, 04:07 AM
I'm a big fan of Hyperion lipos, especially in my smaller models/EDFs. Been getting pretty good deals on Ebay, receiving them in a few days. My China shipping experiences have not been so good. For those who like to save money that's fine, but for the few dollars it's not such a big deal to me. Personally I'd prefer that we still have some domestic distributors where we can get stuff timely at a bit higher cost, but they seem to have died off, due to the I can get it cheaper crowd.

That's just being realistic, not argumentative.
Feb 09, 2019, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff
Even "free" shipping isn't free. Someone is paying for it. What's your point? Or are you just wanting to be argumentative?
I ..refuse.. to pay 28$ to have a 7$ battery shipped. Hyperion Sites' shipping charge at checkout.. from their USA warehouse no less..
Not even gotten to trans pacific shipping costs of Lipos.
Hyperion batts are (were?) better quality than HKs but at least their shippings are Free at 50$.
Feb 09, 2019, 10:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I ..refuse.. to pay 28$ to have a 7$ battery shipped. Hyperion Sites' shipping charge at checkout.. from their USA warehouse no less..
Not even gotten to trans pacific shipping costs of Lipos.
Hyperion batts are (were?) better quality than HKs but at least their shippings are Free at 50$.
Shipping on my order of a dozen single and 2 cell packs for umx planes was $8 and change. US warehouse to CONUS. More than I want to pay, but far from unreasonable.
Feb 10, 2019, 02:09 AM
Go small or go home
If I could get a dozen single and 2 cell packs for $8 and change (Canada), I'd be all over that. But add a border crossing to the order and as Bare says, it'll be $28 (probably more). There comes a point where the cost of the battery doesn't even get my attention any more. The merchant charges what looks like a reasonable shipping fee to make the order, then the shipping company charges nearly double that again before they'll make final delivery. And while the merchant and the shipper each point fingers at other claiming their shipping charges are correct, you're left holding $10 worth of shiny new batteries at a cost of $40 in shipping charges.

So, for some of us, the shipping charges are the only important number on the table.
Feb 10, 2019, 06:42 AM
Shipping on my order of 12 single cells was $11. Thanks for the heads up i got a great deal!

Bosley
Feb 10, 2019, 07:31 AM
ancora imparo
That was true mostly for the G5 and earlier series.
The G6 series Hyperions were a disaster.
The G7 seem pretty good. They aren't better than the HK Graphene packs (G65 and Panther 75) but they are lighter.

As always it may vary between sizes and is completely dependent on your definition of "better".
Quote:
Feb 10, 2019, 10:28 AM
Tim, thanks for taking the time to post what is a good deal to many of us. The micro cottage industry died because the volume to make it worthwhile just wasn't there. Paying higher prices so a small business can survive is a noble gesture, but it just doesn't work in the long run. Just my 2 cents, but I think Cybermike, Epilot and Bob Selman will agree.
Feb 10, 2019, 11:07 AM
Yess.. 'better' involves moving goal posts
However..The main attraction for me for me of the Hyperions is their slightly lower pack weights, in their tiny packs.
Odd about lower shippings reported.
My Hyperion Cart shows 14$ to my US receiving service in Wa State.
Unfortunately, not the 8$ or even 11$ others reported.
Curiously HeadsupRc charged Me 2$ for packs delivered to my Wa address.
Somehow they manage, given they continue in business..
Making me suspect shippings may be a surreptitious profit centre for too many businesses..
Feb 10, 2019, 11:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yess.. 'better' involves moving goal posts
However..The main attraction for me for me of the Hyperions is their slightly lower pack weights, in their tiny packs.
Odd about lower shippings reported.
My Hyperion Cart shows 14$ to my US receiving service in Wa State.
Unfortunately, not the 8$ or even 11$ others reported.
Curiously HeadsupRc charged Me 2$ for packs delivered to my Wa address.
Somehow they manage, given they continue in business..
Making me suspect shippings may be a surreptitious profit centre for too many businesses..
Dude. Your shipping was $28 two days ago. For a single pack. Regardless of the details, it is part of the cost of the merchandise. If the total price is not a value, that's cool. Everyone is going to see the shipping charge and decide for themselves at checkout. I don't care for asinine shipping costs either.

I didn't start the thread to trigger yet another debate about shipping costs. Or what brand of lipo is doing the best job of covering the lies they refer to as specifications.
Feb 10, 2019, 12:14 PM
Open forum .28$ to Ca.. 14$ to Wa state. + the services' 4$ receiving fee.
Aircraft world (japan) My previous Go To for things Hyperion ..is no longer Dave Radfords, under whom, purchases would be on my doorstep within 48 hours via Japan Post .. for 2/3$ yet.
Feb 15, 2019, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff
Numerous single cell and 2 cell packs at some great prices. Some downright cheap. Also 2 cell packs with UMX connectors for the bigger Horizon indoor ARFs.

https://www.aircraft-world.com/aw/ch...s/single-cells
Thanks Tim My 2S180 packs for my Clik are a bit tired and OOS at HK. I'll try Hyperion again. FYI 5 2S180 and 2 3S2200 packs were $9 for shipping to MI. Reasonable.
Feb 18, 2019, 10:58 AM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
How about $514.00 USPS Priority shipping for three 3S 450mAh packs? Shipping for two was $9.60!

Cost for UPS or FedEx was ~$15-25. The shipping calculator was set to make USPS really, really unattractive for LipPo shipments over 100Wh.

Problem is that USPS regulations prohibit loose LiPos totalling over 100Wh per pack, a total of 2 or fewer packs, and a total of 8 cells in the combined packs.

https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm

- Roger

Quick Reply