Feb 07, 2019, 05:27 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Horizon Blade Inductrix Switch Air

I'm not much on the standard drones/ quads but this looks kind of cool.

Blade® Inductrix® Switch Air RTF and Bind-N-Fly® Basic (2 min 32 sec)

https://www.horizonhobby.com/inductr...ir-bnf-blh8380
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2019, 08:51 PM
If we already have an Inductrix Switch will adding just the replacement wing from Horizon's site ($20), turn it into an Air?
Feb 08, 2019, 09:42 AM
Thread OP
According to this HH reply to that question in the above YT, you can.

"Yes, you will just have to reflash the ESC with the "Wing" programming."
Feb 08, 2019, 10:44 AM
Amazing the creativity at HH, thank you for sharing

Joao
Feb 08, 2019, 01:25 PM
Thread OP
Yes, thanks to HHs UMXs, with AS3X, that's about all I fly anymore. Horizon is always finding a way to get into my wallet. Of course, I've already preordered this one, along with the wing tip LEDs. It should make a good companion for my Night Vapor, for calm night missions. I'm thinking I may redo this one into a Luft '46-type flying wing scheme. Strip off the stickers and lightly airbrush on some camo-type splotches on the white foam.
I
Name: AA4008_MeP08_real_2.jpg
Views: 30
Size: 15.0 KB
Description:
Last edited by DaveG; Feb 08, 2019 at 01:40 PM.
Feb 09, 2019, 05:53 AM
Yes indeed, I purchased the UMX Timber in September and it has 12, 5 hours flight time already.
The mix of flying qualities and convenience is amazing
Wallet issues are problematic for sure
Joao
Feb 09, 2019, 08:10 AM
It looks really cool! $50 is a steal.
Feb 09, 2019, 09:35 AM
My question, based on what we have seen so far. Are the wings really doing anything for the dynamic of flight with this? It looks interesting, but it just looks like what a quadcopter can do, from what I am seeing on the video.
Feb 09, 2019, 10:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey12OClock
My question, based on what we have seen so far. Are the wings really doing anything for the dynamic of flight with this? It looks interesting, but it just looks like what a quadcopter can do, from what I am seeing on the video.
With any forward speed, you're going to get lift from the wing, just like any other plane. HH claims it helps quite a bit, from what I read somewhere else. Sorry, no link.

I'm more interested in putting the optional wing LEDs on it and flying it on calm nights outdoors, where you have more room to take advantage of the wing and fly it more like a plane than an all-out quad. I think the trick is going to be to use the quads primarily for forward thrust and control, while getting most of the lift from the wing.
Feb 09, 2019, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey12OClock

at least with this if you fly LOS you will be able to tell which way it is facing after 15 feet.
Feb 09, 2019, 08:24 PM
Good points, interested in seeing and hearing more.
Feb 10, 2019, 03:08 PM
Similar concept I used BabyHawk R Pro to make a brushless version.
Feb 10, 2019, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lin
Similar concept I used BabyHawk R Pro to make a brushless version.
It's not similar it looks like a Multirotor with a wing.
I miss the thrust vector more from behind to accelerate the thing like a airplane without to much negative AoA and a different flight mode which is the reason for the required firmware update for the old "switch" version.
Feb 10, 2019, 06:58 PM
Thread OP
I'm going to be interested in trying it out with this.

Name: hp-g550-0240-s1um-m.jpg
Views: 76
Size: 19.2 KB
Description:
Feb 10, 2019, 07:00 PM
Is the switch gonna be able to carry a small AIO fpv camera? I have both versions of the convergence but would like one that I could actually fly indoors or out the front yard.

Quick Reply