Jan 15, 2005, 12:21 PM
Thread OP

where can i buy a good vacuum pump in the UK???

as per title,im looking for a robinair or gast,new or nearly new but all i can find is stuff on ebay,i cant find anywhere online that will sell a pump i dont want to make my own btw
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2005, 05:16 AM
Bill Scott
Try www.recalvac.co.uk not cheap for a new pump , but I sent a query to them and they responded that night by phone to check a few details!
Jan 19, 2005, 06:26 AM
slippy slimey
guys I do heat n air for a living and you can make a vacuum pump out of an old refrigerator compressor you just have to solder on gauge connections and hook up the wiring
Jan 20, 2005, 11:34 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
Got any links to sites where there might be some instructions for this conversion?
I keep watching vac pumps on ebay, but they always go for silly money.
Jan 20, 2005, 12:26 PM
Bill Scott
do a search for "cheap li'l sucker", "joe woodworker" or even just "Fridge compressor".

Should throw up something
Jan 20, 2005, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awmeade
Got any links to sites where there might be some instructions for this conversion?
I keep watching vac pumps on ebay, but they always go for silly money.
Can't be simpler than that: http://home.cyber.ee/arne/testwing/photos/photo3.html

Arne

Quick Reply