May 20, 2019, 08:40 PM
F3Foamie Pilot
My trip was just under 600 miles round trip.

I think its a rule that only Slopemaster can sport orange.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2019, 11:26 PM
Where's the wind?
Related to discussions of an auto detect F3F base that uses cameras that happened during down time at the cottage between several pilots.

What this does: Detect F3F course turns to allow F3F races to be run without flagers being needed at the bases. Camera and software does the detection.

Some links of what is out there today:
piCAM Tracker F3F
https://github.com/barney-NG/piCAMTracker
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...lane-detection

ReMotCAM
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...asuring-system

Asside: I am friends with the guy who runs Robo Realm robotic vision software that might have pre-built filters that could help accuracy of the plane motion detection. He's not accepting new customers but I'm sure I can ask for a favor:
http://www.roborealm.com/index.php

I'm sure a couple of us could cobble up a working system. I would love a system for race practice here in Colorado. Just keep it away from Thane and Joe.

Andrew
May 21, 2019, 10:37 AM
Awesome time out in Kansas at the Midwest Slope Challenge! Fun to fly with all of you again. Thanks for all you guys that put this together. Lots of wind most of the week. Got to ballast the planes up very nicely. Saw a lot of cool planes out there this year. Here are a couple pics of Mike and Joe flying their new planes.

Duane
May 21, 2019, 10:40 AM
Another shot
May 21, 2019, 11:47 AM
I would like to know how many of the guys would like to be W.O.W members ? There are no fees, this is more you being part of this event . Once again thanks to all who made the trip and made this all happen again. Great group of guys and gals who I am proud to call my slope family even Zip tie. Erik
May 21, 2019, 01:52 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Well, as several others are probably doing, I'm assessing the damage to one of my planes -- the TA-152 that I used to try to bring down the "Pylon of Death".

The damage is easily repairable due to the stout spar that Larry puts in the wings. It also ripped the wing mounts off the fuse, also easy to fix. But I didn't notice until I inspected the damage that I was missing a ballast slug that was nicely stored inside the wing saddle, until it wasn't.

Maybe it fell out by the pole or maybe on the way back to the car, I don't know. If anyone found it, I'd appreciate letting me know, I'd pay for shipping to me.

Thanks,

-= Dave
May 21, 2019, 02:28 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Thread OP
Dave,
Whats the outside diameter of the brass tube? I have some of these from various projects over the years that have met their demise. I will gladly send one to you.
Mark
May 21, 2019, 03:35 PM
And Repairs
Erik, If membership helps keep Wilson sloping alive and well, then I’m all in.

Looks like you guys had a great event. Really sorry I missed it, but there’s always next year.

Thanks for posting the great pictures!
Ty
May 21, 2019, 04:04 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdennis
Dave,
Whats the outside diameter of the brass tube? I have some of these from various projects over the years that have met their demise. I will gladly send one to you.
Mark
O.D. is 0.75". Thanks for checking, Mark.

-= Dave
May 21, 2019, 05:16 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Thread OP
I'm pretty sure I have some. How long are your slugs?
May 22, 2019, 07:20 PM
I'd be fine with being a member of WOW.

Duane
May 22, 2019, 08:03 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I have some. How long are your slugs?
1", +/-

-= Dave
May 22, 2019, 08:07 PM
Held by Grace
I would consider it a privilege to be included in WOW
Mike
May 26, 2019, 09:05 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmaniac
O.D. is 0.75". Thanks for checking, Mark.

-= Dave
Dave,
The biggest ones I have are 9/16" OD. I'll gladly send you some of those if they will work.
Mark
May 26, 2019, 11:46 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Dave,
The biggest ones I have are 9/16" OD. I'll gladly send you some of those if they will work.
Mark
Thanks for looking, Mark. I'll find something else. Just hoping someone might have happened upon my lost slug.

-= Dave

Quick Reply