This thread is privately moderated by mdennis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 06, 2019, 08:22 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Thread OP
Contest

25th Midwest Slope Challenge ** May 15-19, 2019

This year we will hold the 25th annual Midwest Slope Challenge. May 15th to the 19th

I don't know for sure, but this is probably the longest running AMA sanctioned slope soaring event in the USA, maybe the world!
We have an extra day lined up just to extend the great times of flying with friends. Registration is open, so sign up now.

As usual, we will have Combat, One Design racing, Unlimited racing and Warbird racing featuring the famous Pole Of Doom.
We also have other special events planned that I am not at liberty to discuss....cause if I told you, I'd have to ...well you know

Mark
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2019, 08:23 AM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Thread OP
I'm saving this spot for something special
Feb 06, 2019, 04:01 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdennis
I'm saving this spot for something special
oohhh.... I'm breathless. But then I'm old.

-= Dave
Feb 06, 2019, 10:00 PM
Faster is Better

Question

So can I run this in unlimited?
Feb 06, 2019, 10:54 PM
More Pile-it than Pilot
Thread OP
Sure, no problem at all.
Feb 06, 2019, 11:12 PM
Just For The Fun Of It
‘Looking forward to another great week at Wilson. As usual, I’m planning on coming out Monday before, and flying all week.

It appears Lucas Park Campground might be closed during the event. Apparently they’re planning to work on the road into the campground. If that’s the case, Sylvan Park CG might be pretty full. It usually has about a half dozen of the campsites occupied during the MWSC. If Lucas Park has the same level of occupancy, and if closed and those people come over the Sylvan Park CG... it’d probably close to fill it up. So... If you’re planning to camp, you might consider making your reserverations sooner than later.

See you in May

... Greg
Feb 07, 2019, 01:08 AM
Gliders ain't drones!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopemaster
So can I run this in unlimited?
Cool. Panel lines?

-= Dave
Feb 07, 2019, 01:32 AM
Faster is Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmaniac
Cool. Panel lines?

-= Dave
Yep, panel lines and weathering. Probably the only plank out there with them.
Feb 07, 2019, 09:15 AM
All right! Making plains to be there. Looking forward to flying with you guys out there again.

Duane
Feb 09, 2019, 11:36 AM
Hi all , looking forward to the challenge as I call it . May is not to far off so start thinking about what to build, repair and bring out to show off. Hope to see all of you guys and gals again this year. 25 years is impressive and all of you made that happen , well done and good air to ya. Erik

Quick Reply