This thread is privately moderated by turbinefancy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 06, 2019, 12:20 AM
FPV Air Combat Nut!
Thread OP
Video

Scale FPV Close Formation with Head Tracking

Ever since watching a group of Russian RC pilots (Star Sky) fly tight formation in FPV 7 years ago, I have always wanted to give it a try. But I have not found a FPV lead pilot to form up with yet. Luckily, a real life airline pilot flying RC VLOS the other day was receptive to fly lead very smoothly and predictably. So we gave it a go, and it turned out pretty good. I was able to practice scale formation maneuvers like turning rejoin, and holding "fixed" wing station through turns. We even maintained in formation for the first part of loops - no slow motion in this video...

FPV Close Formation with Head-tracking in Real Time HD (5 min 31 sec)
Last edited by turbinefancy; Feb 08, 2019 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Added Info
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply