Feb 05, 2019, 06:41 AM
Who let the dogs out?
Thread OP
Discussion

Ponty S/C & Retro R/C Event 18/19th May 2019

Hard to believe this will be our eighth "Single-Channel & Retro R/C" event at Pontefract Racecourse!

We have Saturday the 18th as an open fun-flying day, whilst Sunday the 19th sees the actual S/C and Retro RC event - nothing too formal, we'll no doubt have the very popular and just-for-fun spot landing comp, and a few prizes for anything special that catches our eye!

On the day we will be joined as usual by Wes and the SAM35 lads, flying concurrently with the S/C and Retro enthusiasts.

Every year we have an optional 'theme' session – previously we had the 'Sharkfest', a full squadron of Mercury Galahads, the formation Veron Impalas, the 'Boddo' theme, Blunderbird Racing - and last year's theme slot was unique - the Vic Smeed Pulstar, but with the theme details deliberately withheld until 2 weeks before the event, creating a last-minute build frenzy!

This year's theme is any period S/C or multi model, but built to a maximum of half size! We're expecting plenty of half-size Sharkfaces but any period model will conform if built to half-scale or less.

Of course the theme is just one event of many and throughout the day any s/c, retro or vintage models are welcome to fly.

Once again we will also have a busy Control-Line circle with Dave Cowburn demonstrating his stunting skills and possibly at Daves discretion, the odd have-a-go session.

Updates and further information will be posted on the Mode-Zero forum pandas.bmfa.org and also on www.singlechannel.co.uk as the plans develop. So, we have a date, we just need the weather!

The venue is easily found, we're in the southwest corner of J32 of the M62. Postcode for your sat-nav is WF8 4QD.
This scene is of the pit area, the flight-line is a huge area to the right of the pic.

Cheers
Phil

Last edited by Phil_G; Feb 05, 2019 at 06:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2019, 07:23 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Oh bloody hell, not another one.............!!!!

Feb 05, 2019, 07:42 AM
Yes Col, I suppose you'll have to build summat daft for it!.....oh wait...you are...

Gary
Feb 05, 2019, 09:58 AM
How about a 1/2 size R6B Col? - Join the oily hand brigade in spirit too.
Feb 06, 2019, 02:15 AM
At my present rate of modelling opportunities, I may be hard pushed to complete the Velivole - though I would be prepared to fly it clothed in the doculam only!
Feb 06, 2019, 04:21 AM
Will you be going, Doug?
Feb 06, 2019, 04:42 AM
No. The week before is the Mayfly at Old Warden and the weekend after is the free flight Nats so they are my priority.
May 16, 2019, 06:32 AM
For anyone who has not fully decided whether to come or not, here is the forecast:
May 16, 2019, 08:04 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink
For anyone who has not fully decided whether to come or not, here is the forecast:
Yippee, we should get some good videos!
May 16, 2019, 09:50 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Oh that looks NICE Colonel - wish I could be there. Have a good time and best of luck with the Velivole, looking forward to the video.
May 16, 2019, 11:08 AM
Oh, come on George, you don't have as far to travel as me
May 16, 2019, 02:26 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
Very true, but sadly due to increasing mobility issues driving other than short local trips is out for me, and even if I could put up with the discomfort of Ryanair, I couldn't bring any models that way. Getting old sucks.
May 16, 2019, 05:40 PM
Who let the dogs out?
Thread OP
You dont look a day over 41 George:
May 17, 2019, 01:56 AM
He's a little less dotty now............ well, only visually!!
May 17, 2019, 02:03 AM
If anything, the forecast has improved slightly - the morning wind direction is more favourable than it was for our EW runway....

Quick Reply