This thread is privately moderated by starcad, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 04, 2019, 10:35 PM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Thread OP
Discussion

Frsky S6R and the STK Tool Part 2

First, let me start off by apologizing. There are actually three flight modes that can be set up with the SxR receivers. These are Quick Mode, Normal with Hover and Knife-Edge, and Delta-Wing V-Tail. For the purpose of this discussion, I’m only going to present my setup for Quick Mode as Normal and Delta V-Tail are a different discussion altogether.

OK, now with the STK Tool showing in Device Manager and showing a Com Port. Go ahead and open up the SXR Config interface software, Picture 1. The Com Port will be listed on the bottom. If that is not the right Com Port, select it from the drop-down. Click on ‘Open’ and the software will read in the current settings of the SxR. Click on the Accelerometer Calibration Tab, Picture 2. There will be four sets of numbers in the X, Y, Z, and the ‘Mod’ boxes. The X,Y,Z are self-explanatory.

At this moment the consensus has indicated the ‘Mod’ value represents, where Mike Blandford writes in the RCG forum, “I’m virtually certain it is the "Modulus" of the X, Y and Z values. These are the accelerations in the three, perpendicular directions. The modulus is the magnitude of the resultant vector when they are combined together, calculated using Pythagoras (square root of X squared +Y squared +Z squared)”. In other words, there is no mention of what “Mod” represents in the manual and no need to focus on that particular value.
Now with ‘Mod’ explained back to focus.

Pick up the S6R and slowly rotate it in different positions. The numbers in the boxes should change as the gyros and the Accelerometer sense the different positions. If there are no numbers or the numbers are not changing something is not corrected correctly. This is just to ensure you have connections and values in the Accelerometer Calibration page.

Click back to the ‘Wing Type’ Tab. This is where the magic starts to happen. Referring to Picture 1 there are three items that need to be checked, Wing_Rud_ELe_Ail in the upper left corner. Next, in the upper right corner make sure ‘Quick Mode’ is checked. On the bottom make sure that ‘SXR Enable’ is checked. There is no other need to check anything else for this setup.

Next the ‘Mounting Type’ and the ‘Gain Settings’ Tabs.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply