Mar 23, 2019, 01:19 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Flyer
The site at Ellwood gets somewhat crowded on the usual flying day with about 5 to 7 gliders. At Weaselfest I have counted 20 to 30 gliders in the air at the same time. They were all weasels and looked much the same. I would recommend you make sure that you have a distinct color scheme and DO NOT TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GLIDER at all, even for a moment.
One time I was hit by another glider and before I could get back flying again I was hit again by still another glider. All Weasels, no harm no foul. Jolly good fun flying with reckless abandon.

You have described what makes the Weaselfest a complete blast. One year we had 10 identical Wabbits flying circuits at one time. Talk about dont blink!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2019, 09:52 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsthewind
You have described what makes the Weaselfest a complete blast. One year we had 10 identical Wabbits flying circuits at one time. Talk about dont blink!
We should do that again!
Mar 26, 2019, 02:27 PM

Weasel

These things fly fantastic.
count me in .
Mar 30, 2019, 11:11 AM
Steve Neill
I'll be flying these bird there with a little help on launch from some of you folks tere. Especially the K8 I will need help launching. I only live 45 minutes away and fly there often.

As for the FAA stuff just have your card and take a piece of tape and mark it with your number just in case although I seriously doubt anyone will be enforcing their stupid laws. They'd have to hike up the trail to get there.

The Sinbad is a 93 inch span, Aquila is 100 inch span and scratch built from plans and the k8 is a 118 inch span. 3 meter.
Mar 30, 2019, 11:23 AM
Steve Neill
After reading up more about this event and how crowded and full of foamies the skies get I may pass on this event. I'd just be in the way.

However I do go there on weekends and if any of you locals have a page here I'd like to connect. I'm watching the weather there today and if it improves I plan to maiden the Sinbad. Might need help launching.
Mar 30, 2019, 01:24 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK 1125
After reading up more about this event and how crowded and full of foamies the skies get I may pass on this event. I'd just be in the way.

However I do go there on weekends and if any of you locals have a page here I'd like to connect. I'm watching the weather there today and if it improves I plan to maiden the Sinbad. Might need help launching.
Why donít you show up on Friday the 26. The day before that event. I will be there on that day flying my 40+ years old restored Hobie Hawk.
I would help you launch your Sinbad.

Dave
Mar 30, 2019, 01:56 PM
Steve Neill
Sounds good Dave. Love the Hobie Hawk! Thank you. I'll check my schedule but it sounds doable.
Apr 06, 2019, 05:14 PM
Ya can't never have too much fun !!!
Apr 09, 2019, 04:43 PM
Just touching bases... between all the "serious discussions" did anybody notice Bob Martin's post and that he will tentatively be attending Weaselfest 2019?! Anyways, we are so honored to have you Bob! It's a big deal for me anyhow... been inspired by his gliding creations since I was a boy!

Regarding the Ellwood location, we fly VERY low, mainly dragging through the grass or lying in it most of the time. I'd say the most important thing to consider when flying there is to stick with un-powered RC models, and be mindful of human passersby and the wildlife. If anybody's concerned about flying their prized built up sailplanes, maybe those of us flying foamies can take a break, and sit while gawking at the pretty sight of sunlight through iron-on
Apr 09, 2019, 04:55 PM
SATURDAY DINNER?!

Oh, and we would like to organize a dinner for Saturday evening at our favorite local Mexican restaurant in Old Town Goleta (La Hacienda). They have a nice outdoor area in the back for larger parties. If you would like to join, please RSVP us at [email protected] so we can book the outdoor area for the 27th. If there are any dietary restrictions, please let us know and we'll do our best. We'll probably have them set up a buffet to make it easy

Cheers!
Michael
Last edited by mrichter; Apr 09, 2019 at 05:12 PM.
Apr 09, 2019, 05:07 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
Thread OP
Michael-

I noticed Bob's joinging the fray... maybe you can convince him to participate in the Limbo? A Hobie flying limbo with Weasels would be hilarious.

Greg
Apr 09, 2019, 05:08 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Great idea on the dinner Michael.
I went to Dream-Flight.com to be the first to RSVP but couldn't find the email address.
I'm probably blind and it's right in front of me, ....but you might want to publish the address here.
Apr 09, 2019, 05:16 PM
We wanted you to work for it Matin! That being said, I did just amend my original post with the actual address.
Apr 09, 2019, 05:18 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrichter
We wanted you to work for it Matin! That being said, I did just amend my original post with the actual address.
I thought you know about me being a lazy ass!
Apr 09, 2019, 06:39 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
Thread OP
Matin- feel free to edit "lazy" out of your comment.....

Quick Reply