Feb 03, 2019, 12:17 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

DIY Bluetooth RC throwmeter

I posted on Planet-Soaring the presentation / doc of the DYI Bluetooth Throwmeter.

Many thanks to Yannick Selles for the development of the Android App. No soldering or cabling required.

https://planet-soaring.blogspot.com/...hrowmeter.html

2 nice features have been implemented:
  • Max UP and Max DOWN recording
    possibility to set the values of Max UP and Max DOWN and get visual alarm when exceeding these values.

Enjoy !
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2019, 12:17 PM
Thread OP
The video:

DIY Bluetooth RC Throwmeter (3 min 44 sec)
Feb 03, 2019, 02:30 PM
Nice! Very nice!

Well done Yannick + Pierre!

Is it planned to show 2 devices at the same time? (incl. zeroing each device separately)

Cheers

Barney
Feb 03, 2019, 02:52 PM
Cool, but...
APK does not install to my phone (MIUI8, based on 4.4.4), syntactic error. Installation of third-party applications are allowed. Wrong Android version?
Feb 03, 2019, 11:55 PM
Very Nice. I printed a clip and ordered the sensor unit, should get it in a couple of days. Will be interesting to use it. It will help me out setting up my gliders and planes that are to big for a table. I have a hard time getting on the floor, and up and down etc; and reading the angle or distance readings with my manual instruments. The 4 meter planes just fits in my living room leaving not much room for me, (my workshop is full of tables and junk so it is not an easy option, and outside is to cold) so I am afraid when I get up I might fall on one.

Tried the clip on the flaps of my Xplorer seem to fit nice, without the sensor. I primary got it to reset up my Xplorer, which I need to do. I think I may have to make another clip for some of my power planes that do not have a tapered trailing edge.

Once again thank you.
Feb 04, 2019, 01:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorF View Post
Cool, but...
APK does not install to my phone (MIUI8, based on 4.4.4), syntactic error. Installation of third-party applications are allowed. Wrong Android version?
Hi Viktor,

Android 4.4.4 (Kit Kat) is 5 years old already so it is possible this is not installing. Also it can be the way to copied the apk file on your phone. I recommend to do it using a cable, from a PC.

I personnaly use android 6 and 8 and it works.

Pierre
Feb 04, 2019, 01:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzkpez View Post
Tried the clip on the flaps of my Xplorer seem to fit nice, without the sensor. I primary got it to reset up my Xplorer, which I need to do. I think I may have to make another clip for some of my power planes that do not have a tapered trailing edge.
Once again thank you.
Don't forget ot put some rubber on the clips to protect the wing surface and avoid the clips to slide.

I use a piece of bike innertube and glue with double side tape or cyano.

Pierre
Feb 04, 2019, 06:43 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorF View Post
Cool, but...
Hello Viktor,

I tried to install the apk on a old Android phone using Android 4.4.4 and I'm getting the error: "There is a Problem Parsing the Package".
I'm afraid the .apk is not compatible with old version of Android.

Pierre
Feb 04, 2019, 07:17 AM
Pierre,

Thanks for trying it out. Now you force me buying a new phone.
Feb 06, 2019, 08:25 AM
399' and holding
Are there are plan to have the app see (2) sensors at the same time?
Feb 06, 2019, 09:29 AM
https://planet-soaring.blogspot.com/...hrowmeter.html

This link is in ?*&$% and is otherwise confusing. Anyone know EXACTLY what out of it is important to this topic; I'd like to order and am confused...
Feb 06, 2019, 12:32 PM
399' and holding
There are 2 links under "Where to buy "
Feb 06, 2019, 02:53 PM
Thread OP
New version of the App available:

https://planet-soaring.blogspot.com/...meter-app.html
Feb 10, 2019, 05:44 PM
How good is the calibration on the devices? Have you checked with anything?
Latest blog entry: Minimoa Restoration
Feb 12, 2019, 08:43 PM
Is this a kit you assemble or a ready to use item that does not need assembly? I couldn't find it on Amazon or AliExpress.

Quick Reply