Jan 14, 2005, 06:02 PM
Fish Head!
Thread OP

Control thows for LEG 48" P51

My Christmas present is taking shape.....I'm still struggling with the instructions...not really a problem as there is so much information here. I get much more from pictures than text..no need to translate! I know its an individual thing but can anyone give me a starting point for the control throws for my 48" LEG P51. High and low rates even.
Has anyone fitted a rudder...aerobatics in mind!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2005, 06:17 PM
All work and no play
I use about 1/4" to 3/8" up and down in my elevator throws and give it as much aileron throw as possible. You can always tone your ailerons down with some expo. Rudder wont do anything possitive on a plane this size. Recommend NOT cutting in a movible rudder.
Jan 14, 2005, 06:19 PM
Fish Head!
Thread OP
Thanks Jack I was going to email you but here is usually quicker.
Jan 14, 2005, 07:24 PM
Moderatee buncha places
for aerobatics I would move your cg back a little at a time. As you move it back decrease your elevator throw. your snap rolls will be snappy and your flat spins will be impressive.

check out this leg hellcat with a rear CG. this thing does some funky spins if you add elevator to the roll
http://www.tawg.rchomepage.com/hellcat.wmv
Jan 14, 2005, 07:25 PM
Moderatee buncha places
btw tis thing was so tail heavy it flies hands off inverted
SAWEET!
Jan 14, 2005, 07:29 PM
It could happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawg
your snap rolls will be snappy and your flat spins will be impressive.[/url]
Wasn't that supposed to be your flat spins will be flatty...if your snap rolls will be snappy?!?
Jan 14, 2005, 08:34 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawg
btw tis thing was so tail heavy it flies hands off inverted
SAWEET!
That's not tail heavy, that's Just Right

Steve
Jan 15, 2005, 06:21 AM
Fish Head!
Thread OP
Thanks for the video clip TAWG
On my dial up connection it took about twenty minutes to down load!
Thats not really what I call aerobatics....well maybe the hesitation roll and the lovely slow roll were...the rest was just messin about
Joking aside it gave me a good idea of what to expect
It looked tail heavy...wobbling about like a very wobbly thing (Mr Bean) and about as scale as a flying wambat! or M60!
I gather from lots of other posts that this is what you guys really like...this is not my taste...I prefer all together more scale like aerobatics on PSS planes which is where a rudder would be useful.
The gauntlet is down
Colin

Quick Reply